If A New 84/85 Top Radiator Hose Was Available....

What is the highest price range would you pay for one?

• Nothing, not interested.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • $25-$50

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • $51-$75

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $76-$100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $101-$150

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

84GNGary

Long Time Owner
If a new top radiator hose was made from the measurements of an OEM hose and the proper material would you buy one? And if so what would be your maximum price range you would spend for it ?

This is only in the discovery phase now but I found a company that can custom make rubber hoses any shape and size. So I made them a drawing from the top hose that originally came off my car that I kept. They are going to give me a rough estimate on the cost and the minimum order amount. I do not have anymore details at this time and when I know something else I will post it.

I do need to know if there is a real interest in theses or am I just wasting time.

Thanks
Gary

I think it's a good idea and I don't want to discourage it. I'm sure it will be great for people who are trying to keep their cars original and I wouldn't mind having one laying around if that day ever came. I don't know how much it will be worth to the majority of the people because you can find hoses that are close to the stocker. Plus many of us have upgraded to the bigger radiator in which case a regular V8 hose works fine.

A while ago I got a new top radiator hose from advance auto parts, and it fit perfectly. One end was a few inches long, but i just hacked it off, and it pit perfect.

Heater Core Hose

If they could do the U shape heater core hose, I think that would be great for us as well.

I may have a solution to the problem. I found a listing for the upper hose in the AC Delco catalog. ACD part number 26059X. I cross referenced it and it is different than the NA hose and 84-85 Regal hot air only. I ordered one in from my ACD jobber just to see how close it was and comparing it to the photos I have of hot air Regals it appears to be correct, even in the area where it rests on the coil bracket. There is also a footnote that says to trim as required and if I had to guess I would say the last 1/2" or so on the thermostat end is the end that needs to be trimmed. I dont have a HA Regal to physically compare it to so if someone would like it to confirm that this is the one PM me or e-mail me at efisher@billheard.com and I'll ship it to you. All I ask is that you report your findings back to this thread. You can keep the hose as a gesture of gratitude. And I'll be selling these hoses for $20 shipped to your door if you cant find anybody selling AC Delco.

Thanks,Eric

No listing on any hot air heater hoses.

turbofish38 said:
.... I dont have a HA Regal to physically compare it to so if someone would like it to confirm that this is the one PM me or e-mail me at efisher@billheard.com and I'll ship it to you. All I ask is that you report your findings back to this thread. You can keep the hose as a gesture of gratitude. And I'll be selling these hoses for $20 shipped to your door if you cant find anybody selling AC Delco.

You have PM

esinger said:
If they could do the U shape heater core hose, I think that would be great for us as well.

Those hoses are always a PITA. I would buy 2 sets if they were available.

esinger said:

I still have the thoes original hoses too. I was able to use heater hose with no problems, plus you can't really see them either. So I was'nt really concerned about them.

Have you guys tried advance yet? Got mine from there, and it fit. Fit right into those to little hose hanger things on the igniton coil.

I ordered a AC Delco hose for the 84/85 hotair and it was not an exact match of the stock one and it would not fit like stock. As for the rear heater core and other heater hoses most auto parts stores only cary two of the four hoses. What I did though is just took my originals down to my local NAPA and asked if I could go into the hose section to see if I could match them up and I found hoses that were for other applications that were shaped almost identically to what I needed.

my85grandnation said:
...... As for the rear heater core and other heater hoses most auto parts stores only cary two of the four hoses. What I did though is just took my originals down to my local NAPA and asked if I could go into the hose section to see if I could match them up and I found hoses that were for other applications that were shaped almost identically to what I needed.
Do you remember what you end up getting for the rear heater hoses? Can you post panrt numbers and pictures?
I ended up with regular bulk heater hose and installed springs inside so they would not kink.

84GNGary said:
I still have the thoes original hoses too.
Heck, MOST of us don't even know what they look like. Can you post pics?

cool 84 said:
Those hoses are always a PITA. I would buy 2 sets if they were available.

1. trip to the hardware store.
2. copper U bend
3. problem solved

:biggrin:

hose

I just bought an Autozone (their brand) top 84-85 TR rad. hose today--$12
Can get a Goodyear tomorrow for $19.

Jerryl said:
Heck, MOST of us don't even know what they look like. Can you post pics?

Here you go.

Attachments

• heater hoses.jpg
    heater hoses.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 159
STRIKE ONE..... The minimum order amount is 1000. It is too much for me to buy, but the cost would have been below $50. per hose.

What I am think now is contacting some companies who sell parts for our cars and see if they would be interested in having them made and reselling them.

But first as suggested by fbodlovr I am going to Advanced Auto this weekend and see what they have.

..........to be continued.

you dont have to go to advance auto to see the part! they have them listed online...part number is: e71089....if there is no pic online, I can get you one!
www.advanceautoparts.com look up the part number and the pic should be there!

John :biggrin: