Idle

Was wondering what some tb run at idle after a chip swap it has gone up to 1000 rpm In park I have gone through the iac and it is set to 26 gnttype said 25 was a good number I can't seem to get it lower then 26 and tps is set to .42 so I guess just wondering if 1000 rpm in drive is normal for a tb?

So if 900 is where most are set 1000 shouldn't really be an issue? I'm just worried about harming the trans or doing some kind of damage if its safe to idle that high in drive I don't really have any issues with it

It should be fine, what converter are you running? A stock converter may want to pull some?

No, you probably won't be able to drop the rpm. What I was wondering is when you put the car in D does it try to cruise away when you let off the brake significantly more than when it idled lower with the stock chip?

Yes that it dose before I would let off the brake it would idle along at about walking speed now it will do about 20 kph before I would be lucky to hit 10 at idle (sorry not sure what that is in mph)

Ok, my car has a PTC converter, it is loose at 900 so it is not affected by a higher idle. If you feel it is to much the chip supplier may be willing to adjust it for you.

Oh alright well thanks for your help i do think it is a little high but well as long as it won't hurt anything I don't mind dealing with it I just really don't want to be replacing a tranny or a converter in a couple weeks that's my main concern with this if you feel it will be ok running at this speed then I will just let it be