IAC troubles

34blazer

IAC doesn't seem to be operating correctly, actually seems to be shut(extended) and not move at all. Swapped with a known good IAC and same result.
Tested the leads for the IAC;

Key on there is 12v+ at B&D, Blu/Blk strp and Grn/Blk strp

Now it is my understanding that initial key off should reverse polarity, and apply 12v+ to the opposite ports, A&B, but it doesn't.
When I turn the key off, and until complete ECM shut down, 12v is still applied to B&D.
A&B never have any voltage. Something wrong with this picture?
Thanks!

go to the vortex buick site and read up on the iac great place to start lots of info there .

Yeah Ive been there before, some pretty good info over there. Dont need to know how to adjust the IAC though, or min air setting. Im trying to solve a possible electrical issue, need more in depth information to determine if the driver isnt working properly or if the multiple IACs have failed, or there is a break/short somewhere in the wiring. I have verified the terminated connections are correct.

Thanks!

The IAC is fully extended, not metering any airflow. Engine is only running off the min air setting of the throttle blade even though the ECM is commanding IAC counts.

First check your throttle body. Should be .42 at idle. If it's open to much at idle the IAC will remain closed or fully extended.

Pete

Grounded pins A&B on the ALDL to drive the IAC, as instructed.

OK, so found the Grn/wht wire has a break somewhere. All other leads had ~6v except for that one, ohmed it out and result was infinite resistance.

Great. This should be fun...

Mostly likely. Have to take apart the harness to route the new wire correctly, not looking forward to that. But at least I know what is wrong lol

Says who? If you know the circuit is open, just route a wire in just like if were running a gauge and tie it in at the ECM.

That's what I would do. :)

All fixed! Well sorta. Trans is still cooked as well as the fuel pump, but it starts and idles normally, TF works when I blip the throttle. Fried 2 IACs since only one side of the field was working, found another one in a MPFI TB I had stashed away, glad I kept all those parts from the blazer project. LOL.