IAC reset procedure

hamer

since im retarded and messed with the stop screw BEFORE i knew what it actually did i need to know how to reset the idle air control and tps in conjunction. I got the TPS to read .43 and 4.6 but the car still has a rough idle. it revs up and down at initial start. Ive read the proc on Gnttype but i need someone to break it down in layman terms for me. also got a new fuel filter and o2 sensor installed. I tried the permatex copper on the uppipe flange and torqued the hell outta the bolts and it seems to have a tad more power still hear a tigh tigh tigh noise when i get going not a loud noise, faint. Thanks

under the dash is the aldl plug you ground the two plugs with a paper clip , wire , what ever you can find for 30 sec. Leave the key on and have some one unplug the iac at the tb , you still hold the wire on the aldl tell the iac is unpluged. If the car dies just start it back up, if you have a rpm gauge you need to get it to give or take 500rpm with the stop scew. Then reconnent the iac plug and set the tps again . to .42-.44 .

this should do it, i have to do mine to today, good luck.:)

I love these cars!!

This is my first fuel injection car and at first i was really intimidated by all the hoses and computer stuff in them. All i had to tune on my other cars was lifters them set the carb up, might be slightly difficult trial and error with the jets them the idle system. So i slowly watch the board and learned as much as i could. I just started small (still am small) and did what i knew and went from there.

Today i set the IAC. My car wasn't taken car of by the previous owners, so I'm never sure if its out of tune or just warn out. Iwth no money i always hope for the first. Well i hooked up my lap-top and did it like i read on GNTTYPE.ORG and here as well and everything went great. I did have some problems at first the IAC kept fluctuating alot, so i turned it way down and let it sit then slowly walked it back to the target rate.
I could never adjust a carb that close that fast!!! these cars are GREAT!!!

Re: I love these cars!!

Originally posted by EyeTalk2Trees
I could never adjust a carb that close that fast!!! these cars are GREAT!!!

it is pretty cool when you start to get the hang of it,eh?:)you start to ask yourself "how did i live without turbo-link?":D

later,sean