I won't post this again but?????

Underboost

Mr. Dull
Is my stock no screen MAF Maxed out?

The reason why I'm asking is I ran down the 1/8 which my time is in my sig and I was very impressed, so i did some calculations and pardon me if I'm wrong but 6.39 is 9.99 @ 136mph right? So I said 400ths Sh!t I'll pull some weight out. But first I turned up the boost to 30psi from the 28psi I was at and I ran a 6.48 So first thing that came to mind was I'm flowing way to much air for A: Heads or B:MAF one of the two can't hang. So I pulled out 110lbs out of the car and same times but with a better 60ft. Is my stock MAF at its limit? My heads flow way more than what I'm running the Scanmaster says 797 on the 02's with new 02's every 5-10 runs the fuel is fine on one SX pump. I bought the dbl. pump from Red Armstrong but im only running one of the two at this time.

Would a LS1 MAF help? of is it just a waste of money? I kinda think it is

I just installed a DIS 4 HO yesterday no track times yet. So..... Any ideas
guy's????

I am not in the know enough to answer your question, but I like to see guys going this fast on the stock MAF. I hate clutter i.e. translator box, wiring......

I am not in the know enough to answer your question, but I like to see guys going this fast on the stock MAF. I hate clutter i.e. translator box, wiring......

Me too! But as you can see in the pic I borrowed this LS1 & Translator today from a guy out here in SoCal. I really can't tell the difference especially on the street. I'll take it to the track and test if it doen't work it comes off. ;)

Attachments

• DSC01527.jpg
    DSC01527.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 275
Me too! But as you can see in the pic I borrowed this LS1 & Translator today from a guy out here in SoCal. I really can't tell the difference especially on the street. I'll take it to the track and test if it doen't work it comes off. ;)

Just slapping the LS1 and Translator on and taking it out for a run probably wont yield much of a difference. Do some tuning in the Translator (make sure to run the Extender chip to take advantage of all the Translator features) and you'll definately pick up some et and mph. TUNE.

When you are tuning for hp look at the mph more than the et. Any little traction change will change the et much more than the mph. I've heard of a very few guys going into the 9's with the stock maf but it's got to be real hard :). Depending on what turbo you have, going from 28 to 30 psi might have dropped its efficiency enough to either not add hp or even drop a bit, so I don't think that is very conclusive about the maf. Real test will be with the ls1 maf.

Just slapping the LS1 and Translator on and taking it out for a run probably wont yield much of a difference. Do some tuning in the Translator (make sure to run the Extender chip to take advantage of all the Translator features) and you'll definately pick up some et and mph. TUNE.

I'm running Eric's Turbo Tweak chip is that good enough?

When you are tuning for hp look at the mph more than the et. Any little traction change will change the et much more than the mph. I've heard of a very few guys going into the 9's with the stock maf but it's got to be real hard :). Depending on what turbo you have, going from 28 to 30 psi might have dropped its efficiency enough to either not add hp or even drop a bit, so I don't think that is very conclusive about the maf. Real test will be with the ls1 maf.
The Turbo is a GTQ-70 85. housing.

Hey Brent,
The LS1 MAF definitely flows more than the stocker. If your stock MAF is becoming a restriction you should definitely see an improvement in MPH with the LS1. I've installed a few translators on local cars and what I like is the better idle quality.
Are you still coming to VEGAS?? If so, let me know, I'll come out for sure and help out if I can.

Hey Brent,
The LS1 MAF definitely flows more than the stocker. If your stock MAF is becoming a restriction you should definitely see an improvement in MPH with the LS1. I've installed a few translators on local cars and what I like is the better idle quality.
Are you still coming to VEGAS?? If so, let me know, I'll come out for sure and help out if I can.

Thank's Scott ;) I wanted to head up there tomorrow but I don't see Wednesday, May 2 as "Wednesday Night Street Wars and bracket Test 'n' Tune." :mad:

Yep, they're having it...

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

It's supposed to be wicked windy though. I'm gonna limp my car to Len's shop tomorrow afternoon and see if we can figure out where its hemorrhaging
tranny fluid.

My zip is 89052. Not sure what it is up by the track. Shouldn't matter if you're looking for a forecast.

Henderson, NV 89052

Tomorrow

Sunny skies with winds developing later in the day. High 89F. SW
winds at 15 to 25 mph increasing to 25 to 40 mph Winds could occasionally
gust over 50 mph.

Tomorrow Night

Windy with a few clouds from time to time. Low 58F. Winds WSW at 25 to
35 mph.

I think it would be a wasted trip. DAMN!