i want real horsepower numbers from YOUR setup

Dyno

V2TEF.jpg

I usually don't go to the dyno but I did 2 years ago trying to figure a problem out. It did 595 rwhp on 20 psi. Went right from the dyno to the track where it ran 10.2 @ 132 mph. 3550lbs with me in it.

Using the above formula it came out to 628. Is that formula for wheel or crank hp? The car at the time had a very loose converter in it, which would make my numbers low.

Also, Bison, you keep saying "fwhp." Isn't that stand for "front wheel hp?"

Not sure. Who gives a crap about front wheel drive. Its crap imo. I meant net flywheel. The same way car manufacturers rate their engines. Too many variables in "wheel" hp. Someone asked me what my car had at the wheels and said i dont know but id guess about 590-600 on the 133mph pass. Looks like i was close looking at your data.

Not sure. Who gives a crap about front wheel drive. Its crap imo. I meant net flywheel. The same way car manufacturers rate their engines. Too many variables in "wheel" hp. Someone asked me what my car had at the wheels and said i dont know but id guess about 590-600 on the 133mph pass. Looks like i was close looking at your data.

LOL...sounds like your guess was right on:)

LOL...sounds like your guess was right on:)
I always sand bag a little when i talk about my car. Rather leave something on the table than have to chase it. Its funny how the brand x'ers dont even believe me if i tell them some low number like 510hp. Lol:biggrin:

I always sand bag a little when i talk about my car. Rather leave something on the table than have to chase it. Its funny how the brand x'ers dont even believe me if i tell them some low number like 510hp. Lol:biggrin:

My favorite are the Supra and Honda guys. "I made 8XX on the dyno but only ran a 12.8 @ 125" haha

With almost no tuning, 93 octane, alky and 22-23 lbs of boost I put down 405hp and 545 tq to the rear wheels.

Lets here about some numbers with stock heads. I made 585rwhp 25psi.

Back in '99 I went 120mph @ 3625 lbs. with stock unported heads and a 200-200 cam. It took 33psi of boost to do it though. Calculator says 489 HP.

Later, with the ported iron heads and a 218-218 flat tappet it went 129.3 at the same weight using 27psi. Calculator says 612 HP.

Used the same T64E turbo in both cases.

Stock long block...422rwhp & 502rwtq before switching to dual nozzle alky... Since the dual nozzle alky I've been able to add about 4 degrees timing and that improved my et 4/10ths. So using the Bison method, with the dual nozzle I'm somewhere around 475 flywheel hp (Calc'd at 3700#), probably weighs more...

I have a stock 231 engine, stock heads, cam, etc. TE.66, I was running a Easton FMIC, #50 injectors, SMC Alky, 200R4, 3500 lock up, Erics TT Chip, 30psi, tuning with a direct scan, My best pass was a 11.14 @120. 1.59 60ft thought a 3" single shot. Is that in the neighborhood of 490 hp?

Jason

10.23 @ 132 with a loose converter
So were the heads ported? I assume yes. Mine are 6293 castings with decent porting and a really good valve job. Boost was data logged at 28.5. Ive ran it up to 33psi with that combo and nearly 150k stock bottom end. Wish i got to run it at the strip that way.

Bone stock short block, mildly ported heads, ported intake,ported TB, 206/206 roller cam,CAS frount mount, THDP, 70HPQ @ 30 lbs made 543HP& 610 TQ(corrected #'s).

Old set stock block,crank, and rods trw 30 over pistons Webber racing 208 cam gn1 out of the box heads and a t66 made 552 whp on 22 psi. 10.67@127 on slicks at 3400lb.
New set up stock block eagle crank eagle rods je pistons cam motion cam dart pro 1 heads out of the box with s480 sbc 633 whp on 18 psi 10.03@139.95 on a 275 dr at 3680lb.
I had and have 3.08 gears in both cars.

I dynoed my car on Richard clarks mustang dyno back last jan and @ 15 psi of boost on pump gas it made 349.4hp 390.8 TQ. motor has a 200/200 cam ported heads/intake.

Back in 2005 with stock heads and cam and stock ecm @ 21 psi of boost with pump gas alky the car made 351.9hp 475.tq on a dynojet dyno.

i hear about all the cars on this forum in the kil section and everything spanking 500+ horsepower cars

if you know your horsepower please list your combo if it is not in your sig

i just want to get more of an idea and not guessing by what you beat

any idea what i might be putting down after its done mods in sig?

thanks

didnt claim my car made more HP them him, just knew what i had to do to have a chance and did it... also you can the better car, the more HP and the better parts, but it dont mean d!ck if you can drive for Sh!t...