I think the GTO is gonna be in trouble

I'm just waiting for Dodge to bring back the Challenger or Charger with RWD & a Hemi
Wasn't chrysler supposed to come out with a 4 door challenger or charger or something..........remember seeing an article on it somewhere.

I wouldn't pay $350 for this car. GM is just putting a corvette motor, less HP of course, in a Grand Am body with a GTO name on it to jack up the price. Poor quality, poor design, typical GM crap. If I am spending $35K on a new car it is a Mustang or a Nissan 350Z. Or I would take the $35K and by myself a low mile GN and a low mile TTA.

I wouldn't pay $350 for this car. GM is just putting a corvette motor, less HP of course, in a Grand Am body with a GTO name on it to jack up the price. Poor quality, poor design, typical GM crap. If I am spending $35K on a new car it is a Mustang or a Nissan 350Z. Or I would take the $35K and by myself a low mile GN and a low mile TTA.

Actually the GTO is not GM. Holden cars are made much better than US GM's, and in Au. they are considered not that well made. (goes to show ya how we get crap). The HP is underrated and most think it will be closer to ZO6hp than the Vettes regular 350hp. The tranny will be geared same as the ZO6 and will have a much better stall than the auto vettes. There will be no problem in 05 going to the ZO6 motor since the base Corvette C6 is supposed to have 400hp standard. If your looking for build quality, I would stay away from every car you mentioned. I think everyone here will tell you a GN may have been ok for 87, and we all know about how bad 3rd and even 4th gen f-bodies are, and Mustangs are just as poorly built.

Like I said before, I like the car, ok the looks aren't flashy, but its well built (by US standards) LS1, RWD, IRS, and EXCELLENT interior. It costs alot less to build it there in AU, and GM not only deceided not to pass the cost onto the consumer, but instead did the opposite and marked it up.