I saved a T Type! And not just a normal one......

F8L WS6

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/629834/6

For the full details and pics! Gotta love the WH1. It's a 1986 too.

But I couldn't stand to see it sitting around just rotting away in a lot. It got the crap beat out of it by a tipped over fence and the barb wire that was sitting on top of it. I had the chance to buy it a year ago but stupidly I let it sit. Thank god it did though because now its mine! I can't wait to get started on it. It needs a bit of the normal things. It has been sitting for most likely 4 years (last date on inspection sticker is 2001).

I love this car. And it seriously probably would have sat for a very long time. I can't wait to get it on the road and back into good condition. :D

629834_64_full.jpg

629834_66_full.jpg

629834_68_full.jpg

629834_69_full.jpg

629834_70_full.jpg

Congrats. I want a WH1. They are great looking. Are you going to keep it stock?

Cool how much did you pay for it.

Krom can you shrink that picture a little:(

Thanks alot guys!

Believe it or not it runs and drives. I only moved it a little. It's got a pretty wicked valve cover leak on the pass side though. I'm thinking this weekend i'll start pulling it apart. I'm sure it could use new valve springs while i'm at it. I'll go through it and see what i'm going to need to make it road worthy again. Also i'm sure the turbo seals have dried up real well in the past 4 years.

I only paid 2500 bucks for it. Which I feel was a pretty good deal. I think I would have been a fool to pass it up.

Keeping it stock i'm not too sure of yet. I kind of want to go nuts with it. I'll have to see as I go! I'm pretty sure i'll get carried away though. I've always wanted one of these. Hell back about 4 years ago I had a Monte Carlo i've always missed it. It is the car that got me into cars. It went from a 305 to a 350 to a 355 to an aluminum headed 406 on spray. Now to get to have another G-Body makes me a happy boy!

And Krom your car is gorgeous. I pray mine can come out looking as good! Got any more pics of the car anywhere? Or maybe you could mail me a bunch if you have any high res pics? I'd love to see more. Thanks! f8lws6@gmail.com

Dang, you got a good deal. I have not seen a T type on the road or in any lot since I started having my eye out for them about a year ago

I didnt think any existed anymore that were just sitting around, and yours looks to be in really good shape all things considered

Dam dude, nice find and nice price please keep us posted on the progress:cool: Document everything...

Krom thanks for the resize, nice ride:cool:

After finding out how rare it was and all I couldn't believe where it was. The area it was in has had the same vehicles in it forever. Today was the first time they moved in probably a couple years. All of them had to be moved so we could get the car out. One day as I went by I saw the post fell on the car, no one even moved it. Not even the barb wire.

I was shocked to see no one had bought it yet. I guess the only reason was its at a back roads place where no one really goes by who would even know what it was. Lucky me!

Side note. Ok it may sound funny but....... I keep going out and just sitting in it and thinking about all the things I want to do to it. LOL :(

Originally posted by NJTurbo
Dam dude, nice find and nice price please keep us posted on the progress:cool: Document everything...

Krom thanks for the resize, nice ride:cool:

Thank you I sure will! I will probably put up all my progress pictures on the cardomain page. I can't figure anywhere else that would host pics. My cam takes real nice pics but cardomain resizes em down good. Can't blame them though lol. This will be my first real project type car so i'm really excited to get started.

I'm going to put the best of everything into that car. Anything it needs it will only get the best. I want that car perfect. :D

I frickin love my WH1....these things stand out from the rest!

Attachments

• wh1.jpg
    wh1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 859
Nice Tom!

And yeah I know cardomain sucks. But then i'll have to pay for my own page. And then that means less money for the car lol ;)

Nice save!

The car doesn't really look that bad. Just some minor neglect and outside elements have taken its toll on the poor girl. I'm sure with a good spring cleaning and some elbow grease and you'll have a decent foundation to work from.

As a side note.......WH1 = factory rear spoiler!

Where was the car located if you don't mind me asking? I grew up in Monmouth County (Millstone Twp. to be exact).

Good luck!

Beautiful cars! A guy had a clean WH1 at the dragstrip last week. Now I'm wanting one. How many of those cars did Buick build?

$2500???? you're under arrest. Been wanting another WH1 for a long time. Don't remember the exact number but there were less than 700 made in 86.