I Saved a 87 Turbo T from death. It's now 1Slo-T

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
Ok so i saved a 87 Turbo T from a bitter death of rotting away or being parted out. I got this car about a yr ago from a fellow friend and board member. He got the car as a project for him and his Dad to work on together. Well things happen and his father developed some heath issues and they decided to sell the car. So i purchased it.

Any how i let the car sit for a while and then decided to start the tear down into. The car Is a T-top car so i was expecting to find some rust in the T-bar. But come to find out this car had sat for several yrs with the driver's window down and it started rotting the floor pans.

I had a good friend of mine Cut out the Floors and replace them and fix the small rust holes in the T-bar area. He then striped the body down for primer and paint. The body was in really good shape other than the floor and t-bar.

So i decided to paint the car pearl white with the wo2 black out package that was there. I also had him add a black pin strip and i removed the bumperettes and painted the bumpers body color as well.

I Just got the car home today and now get the task of installing the interior back in the car. I got all of my interior fabric from Brian @ G-body parts. I must say the door panel and seat covers are really nice pieces!

I have enclosed some pics of the car before paint and body work started and during and the finished exterior and then will update as i get the interior back together. The car is not a OMG show car but it's a pretty dang nice ride!

Wow looks sharp but i hope your gonna change the wheels,i think you really need something else on there either shiny aluminum or a painted wheel ? Gta's maybe?
4 NEW HEADLIGHTS TOO !
Good save !!!!

Lots of potential there. Nice job. What color pearl did you use? Platinum? Does the painted T-Top edge look good in person? I'm having a hard time liking that from the pictures but sometimes pictures don't capture things like that well.

Wow looks sharp but i hope your gonna change the wheels,i think you really need something else on there either shiny aluminum or a painted wheel ? Gta's maybe?
4 NEW HEADLIGHTS TOO !
Good save !!!!

Yeah i know her eyes are a little dim! gonna fix those too! The wheels i have in mind are gonna be some black gta's with polished lips.

Lots of potential there. Nice job. What color pearl did you use? Platinum? Does the painted T-Top edge look good in person? I'm having a hard time liking that from the pictures but sometimes pictures don't capture things like that well.

The T-top edge being body color with the drip rail trim black gives the car the look of a hard top from afar. The pearl paint is from a lincoln i'll ask my body guy what it's actually from.

I just couldn't bring myself to part it out! I have seen way to many cars with bigger issues saved. But generally speaking it's not buicks people save.

Thats pretty cool. I can see what you mean on the pics taken from the lower perspectives. I've seen Lincoln's pearl white and pics don't do it justice. I'd bet that the car is even nicer in person than it is in the pictures.

That is a nice color combo. Love the white with black T-tops. 16" X-rims would really make the car shine. Customize the car and make it yours and take your time doing it. You will enjoy it more instead of having a time table. You should build the car to run Richard's Factory stock appearing class. Keep is stock appearing!!! Would love to see you pull up to Red Armstrong and give him a good run... Nice car!!

Looks great. I really like the painted T edges. Gives it a finished look.
Will look killer with some black rims. Thanks for saving another one. I hate to see these "Icons" parted out.
I can't afford to save them myself so I am
glad when someone else can.

FWIW, I think Turbo T's with T-Tops are the coolest. Just seem kind of rare to me.

Hey Pat, u were suppose to give me that car and renigged on it! 2nd time this happened!!! just kidding (LOL)GREAT car, glad you did the right thing and it turned out GREAT!! Don't let Eric drive it, he's used to hot air cars and dont like going fast!! I heard u were asleep at work today and bucky had 2 drive u around today, :) Bill

Patrick ....your car is looking good....whats the overall plans for the T?