I respectfully request........................................... ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobryans

Just inchin along.
I respectfully request........................................... ....................

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/254271-just-what-you-looking.html

..........................that my thread above be reopened. Doug, you very plainly stated in the following post in my thread last night at 6:38 pm:

"Yesterday, 06:38 PM
dhauser
Moderator Schmoderator Join Date: May 2002
Trader Rating: (0)

Per the forum rules, put asking prices on every car for sale in this thread or it will be closed within 48 hours.

The only exception to this is if the car is currently running on ebay."

Per your own rule, as follows:

"If you're selling something in the Cars for Sale forums, you must put an asking price on it. We aren't a fishing forum here, so post an asking price."

I did oblige your request and that of the moderators of this site based on the rule as it is written, did post a price for every car and even posted that the price was extremely negotiable.

Please read your own rule and I have done exactly as requested. If you don't like my response and pricing, please change your own rule. Until then, I have done as required and you should have no reason to close my thread.

Nowhere in my thread did I write that I was an exception or thought I was I was an exception. I very plainly stated that your point was well taken and I responded accordingly based on the rules of this site.

I also never posted that I was awesome or thought I was. All I posted was what others that had bought from me had stated, not what I thought or was stating about myself. What I know is that I am a very honest and up front person that loves cars, the collector car hobby and Turbo Buicks in general.

If for some reason you are having a bad day, take it out on whoever is causing it, not me. As I have done as asked by you and required by this site.

Based on the rules on the board and the fact that I did price my cars, I have met the burden of the requirements in less than 24 hours. You very plainly posted that I had 48 hours to do so and therefore there was no reason that you should close my thread.

Nowhere in the rules does it state any rules as to how a car has to be priced, therefore, I can place any price I want on any item that I want and you are not the one(based on anything that I have seen anywhere on this board, rules included) to tell me or anyone else how I or they can price my items.

If I posted that I wanted $.25 for a GNX with 9 original miles, would you close my thread? I don't think so and the same applies here. No difference.

Therefore, I again respectfully request that my thread be reopened because I have met the burden of the rules.

Why can't we all just get along? This is stupid!:rolleyes:

It is that simple.:biggrin:

I can't believe they shut down the post of those nice cars. The car flipping used car salesman that shut you down has half a dozen used cars for sale at any given time in his signature with NO prices??? I guess you have to be a moderator to peddle more than 1 car at a time here. :confused:

Can somebody on this board tell me who's cars these are for sale and what is the asking price?

It says No Where in the forum rules I must click on a link to view a price.

It says a price must be posted or an ebay link provided.

Thanks for the help fellas!

68 GTO, 400 4 speed, blue/black, matching #s
86 Vette Pace Car, 62k original miles, red/gray leather
71 Camaro 355, yellow/black, split bumper, gorgeous
68 GTO, 400, Baer brakes, Gear Vendors overdrive, leather interior, 17 inch wheels, resto-rod!
73 Mustang convertible--blue/white, just 87k miles
95 Vette LT1, rare Bright Aqua, Leather, low miles

Can somebody on this board tell me who's cars these are for sale and what is the asking price?

It says No Where in the forum rules I must click on a link to view a price.

It says a price must be posted or an ebay link provided.

Thanks for the help fellas!

68 GTO, 400 4 speed, blue/black, matching #s
86 Vette Pace Car, 62k original miles, red/gray leather
71 Camaro 355, yellow/black, split bumper, gorgeous
68 GTO, 400, Baer brakes, Gear Vendors overdrive, leather interior, 17 inch wheels, resto-rod!
73 Mustang convertible--blue/white, just 87k miles
95 Vette LT1, rare Bright Aqua, Leather, low miles

I believe there is a very very small print amendment that allows moderators, used car lots & muscle car flippers to do ANYTHING they want. ;)

UNDER-PRESSURE,

Since according to our illustrious moderator we are buddies that have obviously never met(from the banter that got deleted from Doug's 33 Ford Thread), would you please pass the popcorn?:eek:

I haven't laughed so hard at some of the posts that I have been reading tonight and some of the PM's that I have gotten this evening in a long time. This is some funny $hit all over nothing! :eek:

I hate that the economy is what it is. I realize that our moderator quit his job a few years back to get into the car business and things in that business are not very good and I do hope things get better for him, but there is no reason for anyone to take their frustrations out on me.:frown:

I did exactly as requested and required by the rules of this website. Maybe if I put a link to my cars for sale website in my signature and post prices on most of my cars there it will be okay and all will be forgiven by the almighty car gods!:rolleyes:

If everyone had simply written my name in on their ballot on Tuesday, we would be heading in the right direction now! LOL!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I got $.25 for that GNX, can you deliver it?;)

I'm glad i was able to bring a little humor to this RIDICULOUS situation. Hopefully another moderator will be willing to moderate the situation with the out of control moderator. :biggrin:

I got $.25 for that GNX, can you deliver it?;)

OOPS!!! I think Doug forgot to delete that because unless we OK our pricing with him first, he will delete or lock our thread. You cannot price it too high or too low don't ya know! There must have been some small print somewhere that I could not find that states we must have moderators approval for pricing before posting a vehicle for sale. Very sorry for any inconvenience. Email me off the site and I'll sell it to you delivered for $.26, but SSSHHHHH! Don't let the moderators know! ;) ;) ;)

OOPS!!! I think Doug forgot to delete that because unless we OK our pricing with him first, he will delete or lock our thread. You cannot price it too high or too low don't ya know! There must have been some small print somewhere that I could not find that states we must have moderators approval for pricing before posting a vehicle for sale. Very sorry for any inconvenience. Email me off the site and I'll sell it to you delivered for $.26, but SSSHHHHH! Don't let the moderators know! ;) ;) ;)

Oh boy. :eek:... Your going to be placed on double top secret moderator probation for that transaction. :biggrin:

Just post a price for your cars for sale, not everyone wants to call you and find out your car is more than they can afford and have to waste their time talking to someone. I dont have time to call you unless I know I can reseonable afford your car. Every single car for sale must have a price no matter if you are wealthy enough to sell many at a time. It's not that hard.

Just post a price for your cars for sale, not everyone wants to call you and find out your car is more than they can afford and have to waste their time talking to someone. I dont have time to call you unless I know I can reseonable afford your car. Every single car for sale must have a price no matter if you are wealthy enough to sell many at a time. It's not that hard.

X2 !!! come on Bryan you have had a lot of cars for sale (that even sounded great to me ) BUT never with a price.. whats the big deal :confused: Its better than someone wasting their time as well as yours if they had a price :confused: I had replied to a car you had years ago and I called and you were still "thinking" of a price.. You wanted me to make an offer :rolleyes: I don't understand the big deal posting a PRICE :eek:

X4

X2 !!! come on Bryan you have had a lot of cars for sale (that even sounded great to me ) BUT never with a price.. whats the big deal :confused: Its better than someone wasting their time as well as yours if they had a price :confused: I had replied to a car you had years ago and I called and you were still "thinking" of a price.. You wanted me to make an offer :rolleyes: I don't understand the big deal posting a PRICE :eek:

X5!

If I do not want to spend a certain dollar figure, then why bother calling and wasting both myself and the sellers time. I'll never understand these types of ads, like the asking price is a national security issue.

If the car interest's me, and the price is in the right neighborhood, I will call. Do sellers really think they can sell me on something by talking with them? Not in this lifetime.

Don't know whole story behind this but,...

Not posting a price is the most rediculous thing you could do when trying to sell your car. By not doing this you are immediately putting potential buyers on the defensive. It is a standard used car salesman technique. I think that anyone that has any problem with that being a rule on the board should have their account suspended indefinetly.

I will be waiting for Doug to reply, Bryan I have no idea why your original thread was locked the way it was. It was a one sided attack against you and unwarrented. The thread was over 4 months old and brought back up for one reason only. That reason was to end the thread,.... i dont know why.

It appears the winter blues are already upon us, sad to say... Even if it was vindictive, its out of my hands.

PS, there is NO sticky at the top of the BUICK cars for sale section stating there needs to be a price.

All im saying is that someone needs to do their homework before they start locking threads.

BW

I will be waiting for Doug to reply, Bryan I have no idea why your original thread was locked the way it was. It was a one sided attack against you and unwarrented. The thread was over 4 months old and brought back up for one reason only. That reason was to end the thread,.... i dont know why.

It appears the winter blues are already upon us, sad to say... Even if it was vindictive, its out of my hands.

PS, there is NO sticky at the top of the BUICK cars for sale section stating there needs to be a price.

All im saying is that someone needs to do their homework before they start locking threads.

BW

Well said. ;)

Is there a moderator that oversee's what other moderators do or are they allowed to run rampant & rule with an iron fist with policies that suit them? I have asked 1 very simple question today & had every post erased & been attacked back. If there is anyone who can answer the ? in the following post please feel free. Thank you for any help.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/268113-very-simple-question-moderator.html

Status
Not open for further replies.