I Really Need Help Here Guys

Jeff Strube lives in Brighton and works on these cars. Last number I had for him was 303-857-9064.

Check grounds? Swap the chip? I had a bad IAT sensor kill me for months til i noticed on Directscan that the temp never changed.

What kind of problems did the IAT give you with not having the temps change? and was it a bad IAT?

Sorry about the hijacking of this thread but this could be helpfull in solving a potential problem.

Thanks, John :smile:

Check the balancer bolt to make sure it is tight. Balancer could also be cracked. If the balancer is wobbly it will cause these symptoms. Good luck.

Bryan

So I was getting ready to check the timing on the Regal and I went to trun the crank to top dead center using the balancer bolt. When I put my fingers on it to get a rough size for the right socket the bolt spun! I am going to torque it to spec now and hopefully this will fix the issue!!!!

So I was getting ready to check the timing on the Regal and I went to trun the crank to top dead center using the balancer bolt. When I put my fingers on it to get a rough size for the right socket the bolt spun! I am going to torque it to spec now and hopefully this will fix the issue!!!!

You will need an 1-1/8'' socket and the torque is 219 ft. lbs

I also use thread locker on the threads, red or blue i've used them both before without any problems when removing the bolt later.

This was written on the bottom of the cam sensor set instructions:

"Several people have found that when running a bigger cam with advanced valve timing, it sometimes will help cure a popping or sputtering symptom by advancing the cam sensor a few degrees. The above values give you an idea of what to shoot for."

Don't move the sensor anywhere but the instant you get voltage drop when setting the sensor. I did this and it resulted in a rough idle and the O2s were off. I know some will disagree, but it affects more than just idle.

You said open loop its ok. What if you force open loop by disconnecting the O2 sensor after its shows these symptoms? Does it run ok after that? Sounds like a module problem to me.

I wanted to wait a couple days to really make sure that the problem was fixed but it looks like the balancer bolt was the issue. Now that its tightened the car is running like a champ!! Thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it. If it werent for you guys Id still be stuck!!
Thanks again!!
-Andrew

I wanted to wait a couple days to really make sure that the problem was fixed but it looks like the balancer bolt was the issue. Now that its tightened the car is running like a champ!! Thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it. If it werent for you guys Id still be stuck!!
Thanks again!!
-Andrew

Sweet! Glad you got it running right. Go enjoy the car.

Bryan