I really could use some direction

dmorgan

I recently installed a used smc kit and set the dials at 12 and 20.
I ran the car today and it felt like crap:(
I have a TA49, 009 injectors, rjc plate, THDP, hooker exhaust, 93 chip from red and pump hot wired, and an adjustable reg set to 44#, and a dutt neck.
The car run 11.90 with the 107 chip, original 38k miles.
I have the tps .42 wot 4.52
the IAC 20-22 @ idle.
MAF 5-7 @ idle.
O2 is a new denso and 500-863
Knock cts after three blasts was 218:eek: :eek: but that could be anything right? There was not one knock retard
Not sure what BLM is but that is 128 at idle.
I have a new power logger and I am new with tuning and do need help.
Everyone swears by alcohol - but I don't feel like that after today.
Maybe it is too rich? Still don't know how adjust alky but can lower fuel pressure.
I heard my chips are antique :confused:
Please help me.
Thanks
Dan

You need to get a computer chip for alky. Read the sticky at the top of this forum that Razor wrote on tuning your car for alky.

It looks like we have about the same set up. Even the obsolete reds 93 street chip. It might not be the best all out strip chip but it's still ok for 93. I think you might be a little rich with the fuel . Try about 42lbs turn the spray start up to around 15. Check for knock. If no knock and car feels better . Then you're on to something with your tune. Mine was to rich at 43lbs and spray start 12. Mine felt much better with less fuel press and later spray start. Good luck

George,
Thanks for the help and I will try your suggestion this weekend.
Dan

I was running 22.5# of boost.
I ordered a 93 and race chip from Eric Marshall the other night,
and I hope this does it. I also want to try to move up the min. setting
and max out the other max setting on the alcohol and watch for knock:confused:

Mine ran like crap with a reds 93 chip and alky. Put in the 108 chip and it pulled like mad and all the numbers lined up. :biggrin: