I passed !!

gossamer

:) I just wanted to share my relief of passing the CA. emissions test again. Just had to put my highflow catalyic converter on, hide the methanol injection and put in modified stock chip (with a few program changes). Everything else in my sig is still on the car and working. Here are the readings.

15 mph 25 mph
HC 41ppm 23ppm
CO% 0.02 0.01
NO 171ppm 157ppm

:) I just wanted to share my relief of passing the CA. emissions test again. Just had to put my highflow catalyic converter on, hide the methanol injection and put in modified stock chip (with a few program changes). Everything else in my sig is still on the car and working. Here are the readings.

15 mph 25 mph
HC 41ppm 23ppm
CO% 0.02 0.01
NO 171ppm 157ppm

Congrats :D The numbers look really good. Did you have to go to a test only station?

SOOOOOOOO glad i don't live there. I can see why your thrilled!

my inspection is $10- doesn't even go in the bay. LOL! Our state doesn't test 1995 to 1920.. only 1996 to current :) & that is a $20 test

SOOOOOOOO glad i don't live there. I can see why your thrilled!

my inspection is $10- doesn't even go in the bay. LOL! Our state doesn't test 1995 to 1920.. only 1996 to current :) & that is a $20 test

You're so lucky... In CA., it's a $60.00 test every other year on the dyno. CA. exempts everything 1973 and earlier if I'm not mistaken.

Can you post pics of how you hid you alky?

I have already changed it back to "normal" so no pictures, sorry... All I did was disconnect the braided feed line from the up pipe and stuff it under the A/C lines that run on top of the radiator support and then put the stock up pipe back on.

I'll be moving back to CA eventually and I'm almost afraid to buy another TR after I had such a crap-ass time with test only centers back in 99. It took buying another car, switching all the aftermarket parts and passing the first car before selling it. The worst part was it actually passed the sniff test with all my performance goodies, just not the visual. I didn't even try to de-tune the car first. I took it in with the chip and fuel pressure all the way I drive it every day.
It was stolen the next year. Insurance didn't cover all the high end stuff, naturally.
Should I even buy another GN/T if I end up in CA?:confused:

I'll be moving back to CA eventually and I'm almost afraid to buy another TR after I had such a crap-ass time with test only centers back in 99. It took buying another car, switching all the aftermarket parts and passing the first car before selling it. The worst part was it actually passed the sniff test with all my performance goodies, just not the visual. I didn't even try to de-tune the car first. I took it in with the chip and fuel pressure all the way I drive it every day.
It was stolen the next year. Insurance didn't cover all the high end stuff, naturally.
Should I even buy another GN/T if I end up in CA?:confused:

GET ANOTHER GN AND INSURE IT AT A FIXED VALUE AND DON'T LEAVE IT UNATTENDED LET US KNOW WHAT YOU END UP DOING DOWN HERE IN CA.

Your new turbo car should be safe in CA. as long as you keep it hidden in the garage, chained to the floor, a hungry pitbull sleeping next to it and at least two alarm systems. :smile: I like the comments I get when I drive mine but, it does worry me that the car attracts sooo much attention. My first GN (a nice '86) was stolen back in 1995 out of my driveway so I know what unwanted attention can result in :mad: . I just had to have another one though. :biggrin: