Passed Calif smog test

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
I passed Calif smog today and my BL's were way down in the toilet, like cruise at 90, if I gave it some gas, the BL's would pick up to as much as maybe 110 or so, but find their way back down to 90. I don't remember what idle was. I think that my fuel pressure was about 46 or so. Passed smog in flying colors. 15 MPH, 1295 RPM, C02 was 14.56%, 02 was 0.81%, HC (PPM) was 47 against an average of 31 and a max allowance of 110, CO(%) was 0.02 against an average of 0.10 and an max allowance of 0.71, NO(PPM) was 1.07 against an average of 237 & a max allowance of 772, and for the 25 MPH results were 1133 RPM, CO2 was 14.80, 02 was 0.59, HC (PPM) was 27 against an average of 20 and a max allowance of 85, CO(%) was 0.02 against an average of 0.09 and a max allownace of 0.59, & NO (PPM) was 78 against an average of 199 and a max allowance of 771. I was thrilled to pass to say the least. 20K original mile turbo brick, 160° stat, 60 lb. injectors, 60 lb. X 100 octane chip, Fresh oil & filter change, brand new shorty Red Armstrong cat, 91 octane in tank. Tomorrow morning, back to 100 octane in the tank & some 21 lb. boost runs. Damn, safe for 2 more years.

Wow thats great...I'm glad they dont have smog here. No way my car would pass...No EGR and no cat with Erics chip. What chip did you use?

Jason

Wow thats great...I'm glad they dont have smog here. No way my car would pass...No EGR and no cat with Erics chip. What chip did you use? Jason
------------------------
Oops, I forgot to mention that. Neal Steward 100 octane burned for 60 lb. injectors street chip, & 91 octane gas. IT was not a chip burned specifically for smog testing. And yes, be thankful that you don't have smog tests where you are at, But I am thankful that we have Joe Chung, alias gofstbuick on this board not only as an admin but especially as a smog expert to help and advise us as to what is and is not legit for Calif smog requirements. I did have Lou Czarnota at Lou's Auto Repair, a supporting vendor/supplier of TB.com do a pre-smog to verify that it was going to pass the sniffer. Lou is very knowledgeable as to what will cause a car to fail the sniffer portion of the test.

I did have Lou Czarnota at Lou's Auto Repair, a supporting vendor/supplier of TB.com do a pre-smog to verify that it was going to pass the sniffer. Lou is very knowledgeable as to what will cause a car to fail the sniffer portion of the test.

Have him sniff your pipe, i am sure he will let you know right away if you pass gas right away that is. LOL mine passed and I didnt need Lou to make it happen, the guy told me my car was so clean passing the test he's only seen Hybrids with those kind of readings before. :)

Have him sniff your pipe, i am sure he will let you know right away if you pass gas right away that is. LOL mine passed and I didnt need Lou to make it happen, the guy told me my car was so clean passing the test he's only seen Hybrids with those kind of readings before. :)
-----------------------------
I always have a "pre-test" tailpipe test done, and Lou just happens to have the equipment to do that. What were your actual #'s? The smog test tech told me the same thing, must be a joke going around.