I need huge help with boost problems

pwrhws

settin' it off
I have posted this before, I have searched the archives and I have tried everything that I can think of and I still cannot get my car to stabilize the boost. It will almost always give me a 3-4# swing on shifts, usually falling off at the top of gears.

ex: leave the line, up to 19 through first, falling to 15#, hit second back up to 19. Falls back down to 15 or so and then
shift into third and the same thing. The car runs rich through the traps, with the 02 somewhere around .820. (although running this rich and this little boost It still went an 11.55@118)

Combo overveiw:
Stock ecm, reds chips (currently 107)
pt 53
THDP, w/ H/D actuator
Precision F/M ic
50# inj
GN1 alum heads
70mm TB
Atr Headers
214/214 hyd roller
Yank 3400 convertor
Staged double pumper, #8 #6 lines

I have tried everything under the sun, tuner style, bleed of valve, swithing the wastegate hose around, Diffrent chips, diffrent converters, diffrent w/g actuators, Opening the hole in the turbo and pressurizing the motor from the intake side of the turbo to the valves (checking for leaks in the i/c, set the air regulator at 20# and will stay there until I take the air hose away) and still nothing.

I am ready to tear the car limb from limb.

Should I just cut to the chase and do an external gate/controller?
Would an out board controller help?

I am so frustrated with this little pesky problem.

i had this problem last year. turns out i had a 19-20 psi actuator on my car. the spring was fighting the setting and it would spike then settle. if i turned it down the boost would come on lazy.

finally tore the car down, sold the turbo to a buddy, he had a 15 psi actuator and the turbo stopped spiking.

hope that helps.

Brian

I tried that when the problem first reared it's ugly head.

I have a GReddy profec b controller that I am about to try now.
I doubt it will do anything that I need it to.

It is hooked up,Your right, Huge spike when the converter locks, jumps right from 20# to 25# (should make for good mph). That was the lowest-low boost setting. Other than the huge jump it seems to have stabilized it everywhere else.

I am going to go back through and loosen the rod up tomarrow and see if I can't get it to come down so that the low boost is around 17# (pump gas) and the high boost is around 24#(c-16). If I can get it to come down to something a little more manageable I will use it until I can afford an external gate.

But a resolution would still be appriciated, I would hate to run around with this type of band aid on the car.