I need acorrect fitting radiator! with coolers

Tims84turbomotionIC

I need an exact fittment radiator with the oil/trans hookups.Prefer aluminum (the last 2 I bought were tested and junk) so im out $200 for the 2 radiators.Someone help! I dont want to spend $500 more! I just got my 87 drove it for 8 miles and the radiator was bad.Only want an exact replacement no modifications and guarantee it works with no leaks.I will have it tested by a radiator shop prior to install.Thank you

Be careful, some aluminum radiators will also go bad, even after ony two years...ask me how I know...Mike

Last edited:
Be careful, some aluminum radiators will also go bad, even after ony two years...ask me how I know...Mike

Not to be a smart ass, but with proper care, alum radiators will last as long as copper if you take proper care of your cooling system, and we have proven this over many years.

With proper care ???,how do you explain hair line cracks at the top of the radiator where the top tube goes into tanks.. on both sides??? How is proper care going to cure that???...smart ass...Mike

Trust me when I get into it I'll start my own thread, on why people should be aware on what they're buying.... from a reputable vendor or not...some stuff just isn't worth the couple hundred extra bucks...if I had just bought the f body radiator from the local parts house, I'd of had a brand new replacement, no questions asked.. all for a fraction of the cost with a LIFETIME WARRANTY...Mike

Please don't take this wrong. Why would you buy a used radiator when a new f body radiator is less than $150.00.

Gotcha. I did mine a couple years ago but im pretty sure the f body radiator I bought also had the oil cooler lines, although thy were in the wrong location and thread. I think there was a Thread on here somewhere with info on how to run factory oil cooler lines to it.

With proper care ???,how do you explain hair line cracks at the top of the radiator where the top tube goes into tanks.. on both sides??? How is proper care going to cure that???...smart ass...Mike

Mike, is or was your radiator a China made one? I think you have taken Nick wrong about proper care. I know it sucks to spend big dollars for some parts and have what you have going on BUT what Nick means is keeping clean fluid and a GOOD additive in an aluminum rad and give it a good flushing every other year or so. I'm sure proper care has nothing to do with a defective part and be assured my friend Iv'e had my share of that. I have a CAS (Tony DeQuick) aluminum rad. in my car that is right around 16 years old and with the above mentioned care it is still like new inside and out. I have ALWAYS ran nothing but distilled water and RMI- 25 and I give my cooling system a good flush every other year. There's quite abit of difference between proper care and a defective part.

Mike, is or was your radiator a China made one? I think you have taken Nick wrong about proper care. I know it sucks to spend big dollars for some parts and have what you have going on BUT what Nick means is keeping clean fluid and a GOOD additive in an aluminum rad and give it a good flushing every other year or so. I'm sure proper care has nothing to do with a defective part and be assured my friend Iv'e had my share of that. I have a CAS (Tony DeQuick) aluminum rad. in my car that is right around 16 years old and with the above mentioned care it is still like new inside and out. I have ALWAYS ran nothing but distilled water and RMI- 25 and I give my cooling system a good flush every other year. There's quite abit of difference between proper care and a defective part.
I have fixed the radiator, has been about a month now,and all has been good, it's whatever radiator tr custom parts sells, which I have seen the exact radiator on other vendors sites, after cutting the radiator up and seeing where it was leaking from its without a doubt a result in poor craftsmanship on the manufacturer's end...I am not blaming the vendor here as he is not making the product but just a middle man, as for proper care, it was still only two years old and well under 2k miles, and after the first year I replaced the heater core and had New coolant and additives added, so improper care is off the list... If my repairs don't last there will definitely be a new alradco radiator and fan setup under the hood, I'm sure the op has been worry free since his install...thanks Mike