I love German beer!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
MMMM!

IMG_4899.jpg

Yes! But yours isn't dark enough. Need some of that good Amber Boch!!!!

I love german beer too! :) If you haven't had real german beer, the american equivalent is sooo watered down it doesn't even taste like beer.

My favorite was a brand was called Schneiderwiessen. I had to cut back on them though, as I put on 15 pounds my first month in Germany. Put a gut on me in no time. The Heiffe's are like 700-800 calories per bottle, that's a friggin porkchop in a bottle!:eek:

When I went to Hamburg I fell in love with the Hefeweizen beers.

Tucher here in the States is real good. Blue Moon out of Colorado is a unfiltered wheat that is close to some German brews too.

Heineken light has 99 calories and Becks light has only 64 cals! :eek:

Blue Moon isn't too bad, for being made by Coors. If you like wheat beers try New Belgium's Sunshine Wheat. Everything they make is great, even Blue Paddle, their pilsner /lager isn't half bad; still tastes a little americanish but its pretty good if you like those styles of beer.

another good one is Mirror Pond, fron Dechutes (I probably spelled it wrong) in Oregon, Its similar to Blue Moon except a whole lot better.

Yea I can't drink American beers anymore, I am spoiled! Bad thing about the Wiesen Beers is they a loaded with calaries! Liquid Schnitzel!

I have developed this thing for Aventinis. A German dopplebock. Comes in a pint bottle, 8.2% alcohol :eek: Only need one to mellow out.

Warsteiner Konig Ludwig Weiss !!!! , Pilsner Urquell or Bitburger are my fav's

I just got ahold of some Koningshoeven (pronounced cone ex hoe ven) quadruple from Belgium, brewed by Le Trappe. On tap it was easly in the top 3 beers I've ever had, its like a a little mellower than a tripple, has a deep amber color, and has a little bit of a green apple hint to it, just an all around great beer. and ita 10% abv, so enough to put a smile on your face after just one.

I just bought a 4 pack ($13.99) so i'll be sure to get a picture when i pour a glass.

I just got ahold of some Koningshoeven (pronounced cone ex hoe ven) quadruple from Belgium, brewed by Le Trappe. On tap it was easly in the top 3 beers I've ever had, its like a a little mellower than a tripple, has a deep amber color, and has a little bit of a green apple hint to it, just an all around great beer. and ita 10% abv, so enough to put a smile on your face after just one.

I just bought a 4 pack ($13.99) so i'll be sure to get a picture when i pour a glass.

quick correction, the beer is from Holland. but just as amazing.