I had been getting phone calls from 757-204-3366 for the past 2 weeks. Some days as many as 40 calls

whitehot1

They say their from Alliance health care insurance. I told them i didn't need any insurance. Thats when the calls started to come in. Every hour from 8 am to 8 pm Monday thru Friday and they would hang up as soon s i answered. I would call them back and sometimes it would say the call couldn't be completed as dialed. So yesterday i got someone on the phone and decided i would talk to them for as long as they wanted to talk. They would ask me questions and i would ask them questions about where they are from,how their weather is and just general BS. We were on the phone for 20 minutes i would guess, and the guy asked me for my credit card number to make a purchase. I asked him if he had a local office close by for me to go to in order to sign up because i don't make any purchases over the phone. That was Tuesday afternoon. And i haven't had another phone call from them since.

This is one complaint about receiving calls from that number.

http://findwhocallsyou.com/1-757-204-3366

Answer the next call from them and tell them you will be reporting them to the BBB, after you get the company name and said collectors name. Tell them you will be talking with your attorney in regards to harassment charges. I did this with a bill collector over a measly $50 I was unaware of after that mother trucker started harassing and judging me.

There are laws in place that protect consumers. Also I never answer our landline so if I receive a call on my cellphone with no name attached, in my contacts, I seldom get a voicemail.

Call your phone provider and have it blocked.

I have AT&T and all they could suggest was for me to get on a no call list. But it wouldn't just stop that number from calling me it would stop anyone from calling me.
They gave me a number to call to get on the no call list but i didn't want to do that.
I thought they could just block that number from calling me but no. Who ever it is at that number has been calling a lot of people and doing the same thing . One of the people i talked with,they must have around 20 people using that same phone line because when i did get through and they answered it was always someone different.They told me they were with Alliance health care insurance based out of Fort Lauderdale Fl but i checked it and that wasn't true. It's a scam number and they are located somewhere near Norfolk, Va. They are looking for someone to give them their credit card number to make a purchase. When i told them i didn't make purchases over the phone with my credit card the phone calls stopped.

I have AT&T and all they could suggest was for me to get on a no call list. But it wouldn't just stop that number from calling me it would stop anyone from calling me.
They gave me a number to call to get on the no call list but i didn't want to do that.
I thought they could just block that number from calling me but no. Who ever it is at that number has been calling a lot of people and doing the same thing . One of the people i talked with,they must have around 20 people using that same phone line because when i did get through and they answered it was always someone different.They told me they were with Alliance health care insurance based out of Fort Lauderdale Fl but i checked it and that wasn't true. It's a scam number and they are located somewhere near Norfolk, Va. They are looking for someone to give them their credit card number to make a purchase. When i told them i didn't make purchases over the phone with my credit card the phone calls stopped.

Thanks Pronto

If it ever happens again i will try this.

I wonder why the AT&T customer service operator didn't tell me that.

Poor training. If I could find the answer in 3 seconds, they should have. I had to block a number that was calling my wife's cell. It was some scammers. Fuck 'em.

Save that number as a contact and then block them through your phone options. That's if you have a newish phone. Like last 5-7 years I'd say

I work in Information/Cyber Security....one of the things you learn quickly is everything is scam-don't trust anything :cautious: You would be surprised how often these attempts work on people, though

A few weeks ago my Mother-in-law got a call from the "IRS" demanding money. She called all upset. At least she didn't give them any info.

Yep, my parents got the same call, hahaha. People will do anything to get money as long as it isn't a job or something that requires a great deal of effort.

I got a call every 3-4 days from Direct TV for what must have been 6 months after I cancelled my service. Finally had to block them after I told them repeatedly not to call, take me off their list and place me on the do not call list. Ironically I got to where I looked forward to their call so I could take out the days frustrations on them.

I work in Information/Cyber Security....one of the things you learn quickly is everything is scam-don't trust anything :cautious: You would be surprised how often these attempts work on people, though

Computer guru! Can you tell me how to block ".PW" domains from my computers? I get spam e-mails from them, tried setting up a kill filter in my e-mail (author: {\*\.pw}), that didn't work. Tried setting a website rule in my router (*.pw and .pw) and neither of those worked...