i got beat by a saturn 4-door at the race track

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
the weather has been pretty good lately here in KC lately and i decided to take the ole turbo beast out for a few passes-

well its true, i got beat up bad by a saturn 4 door last night at the track- DAMN RICERS!! :)

and the worst thing about it, is he had stickers all over it saying saturn racing club, and saturn powered, saturn motorsports ect..blah blah blah ect, DUAL fart cans...lol

so we line up, and i let him trip both lights, and i look over at him thinking, haha im gonna hand you your arse,...
i stage the beast, and put it into 2nd, revving it up to get the turbo spooling up.

lights come down and i cut a low .600 and he cuts a low .800 light, and the slowest race to man is on-
the tires spun a little, but not excessive-

i shift to 3rd gear, and hes coming around me, i shift to 4th, hes dead even, i shift to 5th right at the 1/8th mile marker, and give it all she's got, but that darned ricer got me by 3 car lengths!!!

once we finally reach the 1/4 mile he throws the hazards on me
:rolleyes: as the dodge dually has just been OWND

dammit, i guess i need to stop racing the 2002 dodge dually 4x4 diesel.. or maybe its time to start modifying the tow vehicle

best that night was
18.40 at 75.60
with a 2.70 sixty foot

bone stock 7750 LBS :eek: 02 H.O. dodge diesel

DUUUUUUDe! id say its DEFANITLY time to start moding the tow rig!

go to the banks engineering website and get a friggan turbo upgrade and propayne injection kit.
DO IT NOW!!!
hehe;)

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
the weather has been pretty good lately here in KC lately and i decided to take the ole turbo beast out for a few passes-

well its true, i got beat up bad by a saturn 4 door last night at the track- DAMN RICERS!! :)

and the worst thing about it, is he had stickers all over it saying saturn racing club, and saturn powered, saturn motorsports ect..blah blah blah ect, DUAL fart cans...lol

so we line up, and i let him trip both lights, and i look over at him thinking, haha im gonna hand you your arse,...
i stage the beast, and put it into 2nd, revving it up to get the turbo spooling up.

lights come down and i cut a low .600 and he cuts a low .800 light, and the slowest race to man is on-
the tires spun a little, but not excessive-

i shift to 3rd gear, and hes coming around me, i shift to 4th, hes dead even, i shift to 5th right at the 1/8th mile marker, and give it all she's got, but that darned ricer got me by 3 car lengths!!!

once we finally reach the 1/4 mile he throws the hazards on me
:rolleyes: as the dodge dually has just been OWND

dammit, i guess i need to stop racing the 2002 dodge dually 4x4 diesel.. or maybe its time to start modifying the tow vehicle

best that night was
18.40 at 75.60
with a 2.70 sixty foot

bone stock 7750 LBS :eek: 02 H.O. dodge diesel

Great story man. I can tell you're a dude with a cool sense of humor.

Good thing he turned his flashers on, how else would you have known that you'd lost the race? :rolleyes:

These guys with the flashers kill me. That description you gave of his car really put a good mental picture in my brain of what a POS American ricer is supposed to look like. :D

It's funny, as I was growing up, the thought of a sleeper 4 door (such as maybe a 66 hemi fury or something) was actually cool. These modern ricers have taken that image to the bottom of the septic tank. While it was occasionally a goof to see a big sleeper 4 door, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would become mainstream and thought of as cool or the in thing. I guess times have changed. Not for me man. Long live the two door!

We have a few Cummins in the 13's up here at 2400' tracks. Lotsa black smoke, but they move pretty quick and they don't lose to the rice. ;)

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
did someone say hemi crate motor?

TOM-- NO NO NO!!! telling a guy who spent 4 grand more for the diesel engine to go back to a HEMI GAS ENGINE, is like telling a turboregal guy he needs a V8 in his car to go fast!!! :eek:

check out TDR turbo diesel registry

dodge diesels are good for 600+ horse and 1000+ ft lbs of torque with the stock longblock- the problem is my truck weighs in at over 7600 lbs and i start off in 2nd gear!!

its a H.O. six speed, which i dont power shift, and dont want to blow up the truck-

KILLRV6- im thinking ported head, stealth injectors, and a upgraded turbo with the comp box should put it at mid 15's easy-

ya see, the ole dodge has higher compression with my H.O. motor, so using propane might be a bad idea-- not sure yet, but thats the easiest way to make power, but in the long run it will granade it with too much propane-

KEN- glad you liked the story, im still dealing with the fact that my tow rig lost to a saturn!! the beer is helping! :)

american rice- i saw a cavalier at the track, and i think it had a body kit to make it look like a integra or something-- it was pretty stupid looking- hehe, ya never know what someone else likes

ALBERTAN- yeah, not too many race cummins here, but they have lots of potential-

:D :D :D

Last time I went to Gainsville for test & tune, I was impressed by the dully diesels. The slowest of the three was in the low 14s & the other two were in the 13s.
I was glad to see the GN turn a mid 11, which was barely enough to beat a Lincoln Mark VIII turning 11.6s.

I went to Infineon Raceway( was Sears Point ) about a month ago and I saw a Cummins Turbo Diesel run a 12.2 at about 120mph. I could hardly believe my eyes. I don't remember if it was a dually or not, but the guy was running slicks on it. It was very cool, the turbo was very loud, and it was spewing black smoke all the way down the track.

wouldnt it be cool to take a 94 V6 pickup truck, beef up the frame, drop in a 12valve or a 24 valve cummins motor, and set the rear end up for getting all that torque to the ground-

heck with shaving off 4000 lbs off my dodge it would run mid to low 14's easily! but that aint gonna happen with this truck-

hmmmmmmm light weight dodge, lots of horsepower and torque, sounds like a fun truck to me!!

I actually have a 94 V6 Dakota. I was thinking that it need a crate motor 402, and then just get the stock rear rims widened Then some slicks on it and I will be ready to go.

there is a guy in nebraska with a 12 valve diesel in a 98 dakota-

runs 13's with no traction

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
there is a guy in nebraska with a 12 valve diesel in a 98 dakota-

runs 13's with no traction

Hey Quick6.

My S-10 runs a swift 18.3 at about 79MPH. Maybe if you lived close by I can take a shot at your diesel! :D

Man you shoulda got a 2wd dually. That sucker woulda been faster. But oh well. A 4x4, DIESEL, running 15's is damn sweet to me!!! I couldn't imagine all the flippen torque.

Good luck with that thing, sounds like fun.

And the 6 speed option kicks major butt! :D

The way you told that story... it sounded like you was in a Buick. I was reading thinking: (this guy has probems with his GN) then you say it's your truck!!!!

Man what a relief. I love dissels, they are the $%it.:cool: Lots of upgrades and new tech for them now.

OK, you had me going untill
you shifted into 5th, then I just had to see what you were driving...........LOL

Diesels are finally coming of age with all the new tech they are getting from the factory. Any one remember the old GM 6.2L?

There are a few of those Cummins Turbo Inline 6 trucks around here too. I rode in one a few months back with about 6 guys in it. It was an extended cab, longbed (not dually) and it just about snapped my damn neck off when he hit it from a 25 mph roll. He's pulling over 1200 ft/lbs of torque with it right now. All I can say is WOW. :eek:

There's a guy here that has two of them both Black. One is cranking out over 1300 lbs of torque at the rear wheels and is running high 13's @ 98 mph. He told me he's been through a handful of transmissions all under factory warranty. Last time I talked to him a buddy had borrowed the fast one and while trailering a Dyno-jet to Dallas wrecked it they could'nt stop it in time and piled into a whole bunch of cars on I-35. Too bad that truck was kinda nice, I watched him blacken some rice one night literally the whole side of that Honda had diesel soot all over it:D

OHHH

i forgot about this thread,... sorry guys!

BIG PAUL- if you want to email your timeslips, i'll send you mine too .... then we can bench race :)

buickman 69- yeah, theres no way a turboregal could loose to rice !!! i told the story like that cause i figured it would humor alot of people!!!!

1badTTA-- yeah i figured everyone would get the hint when i shifted more than 4 gears hehehe, but it sucks cause i lost to a freekin saturn!!!

Tom87GN--
perhaps you should look into buying a new 03 dodge!!

here you go, more horsepower, and 2 times the torque, WITH THE STOCK TURBO!!

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57328

:eek:

ROLLIN- the story of your buddy bombing the rice reminds me of last night!

check it out

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57688

I got a story for how fast they can be

I have a friend with a Camaro LS1 I think its 2000 (some bolt ons, whisper lid, exhaust 1 other thing) by the way its 6 speed too
anyway he went for a ride one night, about a year ago and he was going down the highway and he sees behind him a giant truck pulling up fast
it turns out to be one of the dodge rams (I forget what models have the diesel engine in them but it was the smallest truck with it) the truck was lifted and on the side of the truck it said turbo kid

so they were going about 50 and my friend thought it was a joke that this kid was trying to run with his 12s car not to mention its top end

to make the story short the truck stayed even with him all the way to about 110-120 before the camaro was pulling away

he asked the kid his mods while they were driving, but all he was able to hear was "twin turbo diesel"

Carl