i give up

PHANTASM

POWERED BY POVERTY
went to assemble the 109 with the new block.

the new block turned out nice.

went to install the rods and they are pressed on wrong.

i am going to go postal on monday and have it out with the original machine shop. how can a place build engines for so long and completely **** a simple task up .

i am beside myself with this project.:mad:

It amazes me also. I've had a crank out for balance for almost 6 months. I'm not too sure they will pay much attention when you go postal. It's like no one pays attention or even cares if they screw up. My problems are mostly my location. Good luck Monday!!

what do you mean they were pressed on wrong didnt the pistons have the notches on them they face the front of the moter and the rods dots one side faces to the back of the moter and the other side faces the front of the moter right thats what the gm manuel says .

went to assemble the 109 with the new block.

the new block turned out nice.

went to install the rods and they are pressed on wrong.

i am going to go postal on monday and have it out with the original machine shop. how can a place build engines for so long and completely **** a simple task up .

i am beside myself with this project.:mad:

Same thing happened to me, I went with the Diamond pistons, funny thing is that some of the pistons where right some where wrong, lucky the pistons where all within a gram of weight to each other, because at this point the motor was balanced. It all worked out in the end. The machine shop supervisor had a talk with the guy that messed it up, everyone was very sorry all that stuff.

Chuck

what do you mean they were pressed on wrong didnt the pistons have the notches on them they face the front of the moter and the rods dots one side faces to the back of the moter and the other side faces the front of the moter right thats what the gm manuel says .

the rod is not installed correctly in relation to the wrist pin, when it is on the rod journal of the crank the pin sticks out of the piston.

you mean the rods on our moters are not supposed to be installed on the middle of all the pins if thats the case then i have the same problem i just didnt get a chance to try to install them yet to find that out .please reply i my have to go back to that machine shop .

I have seen many posts and threads like this over many years and just want to "vent" my opinion concerning short block assembly on a performance build, especially in reference to a turo Buick V-6.

For more years than most of you have been alive, I have been working on cars and engines! :)

Before I rebuilt my first Buick V-6, I did a LOT of research seeking info and talking with performance engine shops. After discussing tolerances, clearances, various specs, which parts to use, machining operations, assembly procedures, special tools required and the all important workmanshp warranty, I came to the conclusion it would be much smarter to pay an expert to assemble my short block.

This has proven to have paid off after 600+ turbo Buick V-6 builds that have we have shipped all over the country and Canada. :cool:

My thought is someone that assembles performance engines on a daily basis, and has the proper knowledge, experience and tools is much more qualified than myself. Having worked hand-in-hand with many Buick engine assembly processes, I have seen many little items I would not have corrected, or even found. With feedback, we have incorporated many changes and improvements for performane and reliability.

I cannot afford to ship an engine 3000 miles and have an issue due to assembly or a stupid mistake, and our record is 100% successful at this point.

This is NOT directed at anyone specific, but just pointing out spending $2-300 for a short block assembly on an expensive rebuild may certainly be worth it in the long run.

This is why i am assembling my second buick v6. First one i did for my other gn runs like a raped ape.