I GIVE (Coolant in the exhaust)

justamatt

Well i guess im no mechanic yet. rebuild is done and after chasing down all the problems here is one that scares me. Had some exhaust leaks and took it to a muffler shop it was smoking a little before in random puffs after he was done i got to looking and saw some coolant comeing out of the turbo exhaust flanges the three bolt and 90 then looked under the car and saw it leaking pretty good on the garage floor crawled under and the header and crossover are coverd so any way to check what the culprit is?????? and i dont know that the white residue is on the turbo but it is from the water

only upgrades from the rebuild are gt6131bb turbo and 206 roller comp cam

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

Stock headgaskets? I would pull plugs and pressure test coolant system. After system is presurized turn engine over and see which hole has coolant coming out of it.If coolant comes out of any holes you know the problem:( make sure you have all spark plugs out before cranking engine over.I know its a pita but I would turn by hand. disable spark and fuel

headgaskets are rjc bullets vally/intake is felpro and arp head studs
when i pull the plugs will it spray out of the plug holes and could it be the turbo??

Since you're running a water cooled CHRA, is it possible that could be leaking?

I know the dp is ugly the 90 looks like its from mars and the pipe was used to beat a stepchild. I dont know what CHRA is but its not the turbo leaking i pressure tested it last night with 30lb over about an hour yes i am sure it is coolant for it tis the color green i know i should have waited to put in antifreeze but i didnt think it was leaking. Plugs come out tonight and ill find out which head it is.
should i pull the head or can i just retorqe the gaskets are rjc but it has been driven about 50 miles

Yes, studs NEED to be retorqued!!!

BTW, CHRA = Center housing rotating assembly. I.E. the center section of your turbo.

ok i shall try a retourqe then a pressure test while hand turning the motor tonight am i forgetting anything?

+1 on the GM Sealant Tabs.... available at the dealer, following the retorque, of course... :wink:

finally able to get a pressure test of the whole system done and seems to be holding 13 pounds just fine plugs out now do i really need to turn the motor if the plugs are out with no leaks???

you pressure tested the cooling system....did you do a leak down test...reason I ask is...the head could just be lifting a fraction alowing coolant into clylinders.....