I did brake conv,what is this part

turbojack

I did the brake conversion on my 84tt,bought the stuff used off these boards as a kit (did this bout 3yrs ago) it all works great but was wondering what this cannister is.It is in the vaccume line between the vaccum block and the booster,bout the size of a fuel filter.The reason why I`m asking is that I`m building a 94 ford ranger w/an eng out of a t-bird turbo coupe.I`m to the point of hooking up the vaccum lines and was wondering if I need that sort of a thing on this turbo ford brake booster? Can some one clue me in here? If I do need this part,where do I find one? thanks,,Jack

It is probably not a check valve most likely it is a filter meant to protect the diaphragm inside the brake booster. The plastic 90 on the brake booster is a check valve in itself.

Check valve plugs into cannister. Round with a nipple for the hose. The other thing half way or closer to cannister is a filter. Good to keep it.

its about time

finally you get back to workin on that danger ranger...whats up jack its me Dale with the silver 87 turbo t

finally you get back to workin on that danger ranger...whats up jack its me Dale with the silver 87 turbo t

HEY DALE,,GETTIN CLOSE ON THAT RANGER,i GOTA REALLY GET GOING CAUSE i NEED THAT STALL BACK IN MY GARAGE AS i JUST BOUGHT A 80k MILE ENGINE (4.1 OF COURSE) AND TAKING IT TO AZGN FOR A BUILD,USING MY JE PISTONS AND OTHER STUFF AND MAYBE SOME EXPERT SUPER HEADS ALONG WITH THAT TE60 i HAVE LAYING AROUND--i`M THINKING OF AN rjc DP W/ BOV,,,,GOING DOWN TO HAVASU FOR A 3300-3500 STALL,,,SOUNDS GOOD HEH ,,,ONLY NEED MY GARAGE BACK!ON THE RANGER, ONLY NEED TO PUT IN THE HEATER BOX ,HAD TO REMOVE IT TO CUT OUT A SPOT FOR DP CLEARANCE,THEN HOOK UP THE EXH,INSTALL CHARGE PIPES FROM TB TO BOC THEN TO IC,HEY ,YOU WOULDNT HAPPEN TO HAVE SOME 2 1/2" PIPES WOULD YOU?LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO---GOOD TO HEAR FROM U AGAIN---JACK

Check valve plugs into cannister. Round with a nipple for the hose. The other thing half way or closer to cannister is a filter. Good to keep it.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY,I THOUGHT THAT 90DEGREE FITTING ON THE BOOSTER HAS A CK VALVE IN IT,THATS WHY THAT CANNISTER BAFFLED ME,THAT MAKES SENSE,ITS A FILTER---THANKS,,jACK

Nope Jack im sorry i dont have any 2 1/2 pipe at all...as for tht new set-up you goona be workin on it sounds like it should be pretty beastly now you reallly cant let jacko drive that car i dont know if he could handle it haha