I bought an 03 Lightning Last Night!

T

TTA89

Yeah for me :)

Got an Oxford White one to match my TTA.

Anyone wanna buy an LS1? :cool:

I can't wait to get it, its still on a truck coming from the Factory.. Supposed to be at the dealer in 2 weeks.

Congrats on the truck purchase. Got one on my list of "to own." Update us on what it baselines, I'm thinking of supercharging my 5.4 Expedition, that'll give me something to shoot for;)

Congrats on the new ride. I'm trying to decide between the Lightning and the Harley. Decisions, decisions. ;)

I should have a pic of my old '00 Oxford White Lightning parked next to my TTA...I'll see if I can find it after work. It's a much nicer white on the Lightning. It makes the TTA look yellowish. Anyways, enjoy the Lightning. They are neat vehicles.

Originally posted by Grumpy
damm kids...I need to test it!!! get it over here :p

I don't have it yet, its still on its way from the Factory, not supposed to arrive for 2 more weeks. I'll swing it by when I get it :cool:

Hey Jon,

I have been a member for awhile :D

Don't forget I am the Websurfing Surfing Champion of 2001 ;) :cool:

Great purchase!!! Im jealous... I get to work on them but I cant afford one?!?!?! Going to work sucks sometimes, my dealership is an SVT dealer and I have my hands on Cobras and Lightnings all time but if I tried to purchase one, all of the sales-people will laugh at me!!! Oh well, I guess someday! Have fun!

where you work? the one on hwy100 or main st in waukesha

Lightnings are cool ...we have one for a shop truck to pick up hoods and engines with and stuff.

We have a cobra in the shop right now...stock with an airfilter was 410HP. My buddy James who is a Diablo Tuner has his yellow cobra at 440 without a pulley

Mad Torque ... but its different in the Lightnings its a truck...but the perfect driving truck (not work or offroad truck) oh....and do not drive in the snow. Rain is bad....and snow is all out dangerous. You must drive like a 80 year old granny if you want the truck to go strait.

The Cobra's are great ....but it felt different to me with the boost and shifting.

I'm at Griffin on Hwy 18 in Waukesha. I love the feeling of driving a Lightning over a Cobra. The Lightning put your ass in the seat and keeps it there as a Cobra is a bit more jerky due to the manual shifting and all. And compared to other super-cars/trucks they are the best bang for the buck deals you can get. Were you on Hwy 100 this past weekend? I was with a friend in his car and I spotted a clean GN coming from over by a gas station turning left to head south bound towards Hales Corners. If it was you that was a pretty sweet looking car!! I cant wait till mine is finished!

I will be driving the Lightning Year round including through the snow.

I'll swap on some Blizzacks like I did with the LS1, I didnt even get close to being stuck this winter and we had mad snow.

Hey Jon didn't that "shop truck" have a GS for lunch one day after the drivers of the cars had lunch?
See ya, Kip

I would love to have that Kenne Bell supercharger for my truck. I have a '00 F150 XLT extended cab 2WD with a 5.4. The only mods I have right now are a K&N and a 3" exhaust. I took it to the track just for giggles and grins and ran a whopping 15.99@82mph with a 2.2 60ft. Hell, I could run 13's if I had the supercharger.

BTW, congrads on the Lightning. I'm jealous.

I have a red '01 & have been VERY happy with it!!!! Fun ride, tons of torque for a little street fun & they respond to simple mods almost as good as a TR... :D

This truck is a lot more fun than the '98 Z28 EVER was (and quite a bit quicker with just a catback, pulley & chip... see my post in the Kills forum from a couple of months ago, heh) & now NO flood worries!!!

Doug C.

Originally posted by techniques
Cobra is a bit more jerky due to the manual shifting and all. Were you on Hwy 100 this past weekend?

You gotta learn how to shift ;)

Nah, I'm in IL now.

My car = www.ls1speed.com/shopjon.cfm

Originally posted by Kip
Hey Jon didn't that "shop truck" have a GS for lunch one day after the drivers of the cars had lunch?
See ya, Kip

You think the only car I have is a GS? :D

Acctually the truck and my GS never had a "lunch race"

Tom drives the L in the snow... but its not easy. In the rain with cold tires sometimes I couldnt even get it to go strait......almost a little annoying.

My LS1 wouldnt go through a dusting of snow, then I put on the Blizzacks and it was Night and Day. I have driven through a foot of snow with no problems! In an LS1 6-speed F-Body!!!!!