I bought a Supra and now it finally runs, and runs very well!

I've wanted to learn more about them since I saw this video

Video - Supra vs Mustang Cobra

Modified Supra is a sick car to blast past an accelerating probably pullied Cobra like that. I like that video every time I watch it, flames out of the tailpipe :) and the guy saying "that thing is f..ing fast":) Then the Supra pulls hard on him at 160:eek:

Wow, cool video! Yeah, the Cobra is definately modded. Stock Cobras don't pull like that. Wasn't enough though!

goood looking car

It looks realy good but we all know it was a but load of work but worth it good luck .

I've wanted to learn more about them since I saw this video

Video - Supra vs Mustang Cobra

Modified Supra is a sick car to blast past an accelerating probably pullied Cobra like that. I like that video every time I watch it, flames out of the tailpipe :) and the guy saying "that thing is f..ing fast":) Then the Supra pulls hard on him at 160:eek:

supra 25+ psi external gated dump to atmos, modded fo sho
cobra modded fo show, but not 25+ psi strong wit dat supachagar

supra is the gn of the import world, except stock GN's dont go for 50k!
sick video, but I dought the cobra guy spent as much money as the supra guy :)

DS

Chris
When are you going to be on PINKS again? You were killer in the "Wolly Mammoth" . I think Rich and his crew would SH!T bricks :eek: if you brought your "Stable" (Twin turbo GN, 87 GN and your new Supra) to a PINKS ALL OUT! I really did want to see you race the GN vs. the Nova.

Saddly I don't think you could get a PINKS race with the TWIN Turbo:cool:
I see a trend coming. I can assume the Z06 won't be stock to long?

Keep up the GOOD work:cool:

My friend offered to buy it back from me and although I wanted to keep it, I couldn't keep 7 cars at the house:( and sell it for a very good deal. It's at Autobahn Motorsports getting prepped for the Texas Mile in October. Though the motor is done right (Kenny Duttweiler), the rest of the car needed upgrades...going with Tein suspension, Tilton clutch, 'moly 1 piece driveshaft and roll cage.

My friend offered to buy it back from me and although I wanted to keep it, I couldn't keep 7 cars at the house:( and sell it for a very good deal. It's at Autobahn Motorsports getting prepped for the Texas Mile in October. Though the motor is done right (Kenny Duttweiler), the rest of the car needed upgrades...going with Tein suspension, Tilton clutch, 'moly 1 piece driveshaft and roll cage.

Chris,

Sorry to hear you sold the Supra, but I'm sure your other cars will still keep you plenty busy. Have you ever been to the track with the Z06?? That must be a very fun street car and there is a LOT of potential in that car with minimal mods!

I took the Z to the track but was disappointed with my mid 12 second ET's. I also smoked the clutch on my last run so I called it a day. The stock clutch basically can't be slipped at all on a sticky surface. I was thinking of a cam but GM has caught onto making changes to PCM and finding out it was messed with :(

Chris,

Sorry to hear you sold the Supra, but I'm sure your other cars will still keep you plenty busy. Have you ever been to the track with the Z06?? That must be a very fun street car and there is a LOT of potential in that car with minimal mods!

I took the Z to the track but was disappointed with my mid 12 second ET's. I also smoked the clutch on my last run so I called it a day. The stock clutch basically can't be slipped at all on a sticky surface. I was thinking of a cam but GM has caught onto making changes to PCM and finding out it was messed with :(

It's really too bad GM never offered the Z06 with an automatic trans, guess they figured it wouldn't hold up to the added HP? Still must be a fun ride on the highway and even compared to the new ZR1 it is still the overall best bang for the buck of any new sports car out there IMO.

GM needs to play catch-up...I think the Nissan GT-R automatic clutch setup would work really well in the Z06. I totally agree with you, I don't think there's a slush box from GM that could survive very well and maintain a decent warranty profile...unless you put in an Allison 6-speed...but the weight is too much...The Z is very quick on the hiway and with navigation, heated seats and dual zone climate control...it's a nice "touring" car as well. Not to mention that 1st gear is good for 62 mph. What this translates to is the fact that I drop down to 2nd gear on the freeway (70mph rolls) and let her rip :)

Speaking of the GTR here's a video that shows both cars...but I have lots of respect for the twin turbo V6 in the GTR...its' something that GM never had a chance to do if the Grand National had a chance to evolve!

YouTube - New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06 Race in Oman.

It's really too bad GM never offered the Z06 with an automatic trans, guess they figured it wouldn't hold up to the added HP? Still must be a fun ride on the highway and even compared to the new ZR1 it is still the overall best bang for the buck of any new sports car out there IMO.

GM needs to play catch-up...I think the Nissan GT-R automatic clutch setup would work really well in the Z06. I totally agree with you, I don't think there's a slush box from GM that could survive very well and maintain a decent warranty profile...unless you put in an Allison 6-speed...but the weight is too much...The Z is very quick on the hiway and with navigation, heated seats and dual zone climate control...it's a nice "touring" car as well. Not to mention that 1st gear is good for 62 mph. What this translates to is the fact that I drop down to 2nd gear on the freeway (70mph rolls) and let her rip :)

Speaking of the GTR here's a video that shows both cars...but I have lots of respect for the twin turbo V6 in the GTR...its' something that GM never had a chance to do if the Grand National had a chance to evolve!

YouTube - New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06 Race in Oman.

GM could easily build a similar twin turbo V6, will they?? Probably not for us, but the Holden brand in Australia.:rolleyes: Automatic clutch setup would be much better at the drag strip for sure! Thanks for the vid, Nissan has again built a badass sports car with an awesome powerplant, but the Z still does well enough with the old tried and true OHV V8.;) :cool:

Man what do u do for a living? I need a new job LOL

I validate equipment and systems that make anticancer drugs :cool:

Oh might as well add that I prove to the government that my drug dealer status adheres to their guidelines that we won't kill anyone and is unadulterated.

Ya, the sound of an 11:1 compression, 427cubed V8 is pretty intoxicating around 7 grand :D

GM could easily build a similar twin turbo V6, will they?? Probably not for us, but the Holden brand in Australia.:rolleyes: Automatic clutch setup would be much better at the drag strip for sure! Thanks for the vid, Nissan has again built a badass sports car with an awesome powerplant, but the Z still does well enough with the old tried and true OHV V8.;) :cool: