I am building a fresh hot air 109 and need cam suggestion

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I picked up a nice 109 turbo long block today all standard, virgin setup from Paul Castle in Chicago. On this new build I will be using a roller cam setup. What suggestions might you make with my following upgrades

Champion ported heads
Champion ported intake
Wiseco .020 over pistons on the new bore
3" GBP Down pipe
61.5 mm turbo
4" cai to 85mm MAF to 3.5" to ported TB
Ported inlet bell
3000 stall
42lb injectors
alky

I was thinking 212/212. What MFG has others used and are there advantages to each?

I put a 206/ 210 comp roller from Full Throttle only as insurance for my twelve's goal. I would PM BEATAV8 for this advice. Friend of mine and my tuner. I am really serious about you PM him. Tell him I sent you.

I picked up a nice 109 turbo long block today all standard, virgin setup from Paul Castle in Chicago. On this new build I will be using a roller cam setup. What suggestions might you make with my following upgrades

Champion ported heads
Champion ported intake
Wiseco .020 over pistons on the new bore
3" GBP Down pipe
61.5 mm turbo
4" cai to 85mm MAF to 3.5" to ported TB
Ported inlet bell
3000 stall
42lb injectors
alky

I was thinking 212/212. What MFG has others used and are there advantages to each?
First. Start off by refunding my money on the bad turbo you sold me. Still haven't heard back from you.?? $400 plus I've sent you. Bad business !!

First off....I prefer to not ever air dirty laundry in public. So...since you have decided to do so...let everyone know that you sent me the part back...was it bad? I take your word for it...however you never even told me that you WERE sending it...45 days after our deal. I was not in town and would have paid the freight to make ME responsible for the shipping and insurance...but since you did not COMMUNICATE with me...we have the situation we have. I'll be honest as I have no clue what happened to the turbo...have no clue where it was delivered as I was not home. You did not insure it....you did not take your money seriously to make sure it was refunded by me signing for it. All I know it was picked up by my trash guy...who knows! Don't air dirty laundr on this forum to make me look shitty....I have a pretty good rep and those that know.me know what I do for the community. Thank you!

Comp 212/218 has worked well for me. Your combo is not too much different.

I would not run 42 pph injectors they are too small. I would suggest 60s at least WITH the alky.

Reggie, was speaking with Bob Slusser and he commented the same thing..42 are too small and was hitting 80% which may have added to my head gasket issues on the old build.

Force fed I have a connection with Kevin at comp cams, I visited with him during the SEMA show last week and commented he would grind me a 216/216. I'll send you a PM and see what you would like for them as well. Happen to have 1:55 roller rockers?

I was going to tell you the 42.5 were probaly going static. I had 60 lb inj and liked them. I was told by some people the 212/218 was a little much cam however I liked it. Why don't you talk to Eric at TT before you make your final decision you'll need a
update in your chip also. If there is a chance you might go e85 at sometime maybe you need larger injector. J0hn

Agreed. I have some long term plans for another build that I am going to put into my Cutlass which will involve a cage and power, IC. I picked up a spare 109 block with a standard/standard crank. The 84 I want it to remain Hot Air, original to that aspect, but able to flurt with the best of the hot air crowd.