I-40 highway robbery by TN cops

injdinjn

They stop trucks and out of state vehicles and search for money. If they find enough they take it based on it being drug money.
The best part is they know the drugs are in vehicles going east, but 90% of their stops are vehicles going west with the money.
Seems pretty obvious that they are only interested in getting revenue and not stopping the drug trafficking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJd4Q4u5cqU&feature=player_embedded

thats nothing unusual. the drugs are worthless to the drug dealers compared to money. its the money that hurts. the whole reason they sell drugs is to get money. we are always more interested in the money vs. the drugs.

without drug money they cant buy more drugs to sell or did you think the money they were seizing from these people were their life savings as they traveled the country sightseeing.....:rolleyes:

If the drugs were not getting to their destination they could not be sold and that would stop the money flow. Stopping the drugs stops the use of the drugs also.

And, if you watched the whole video, at the end they state that some of the money is returned after MONTHS of litigation.

If I am carrying $5k or $10K and the cops seize it I'm never gonna see it again as it would cost more than that to get it back. Plus being from out of State, which those are the vehicles they are stopping, the cost of court appearances would also make it a waste of money to fight them.

My grandfather hid behind bushes and took peoples money, he got 20 years.

open your eyes people

It's quickly becoming a police state in this country. The criminals are not affected by this. Just like gun control limiting people on what and how many rounds they can get while the criminal element has more firepower than the police and it won't stop. Our leader being a muslim extremist that he is declaring war abroad and at home. Things are not good. People getting fired for defending themselves legally while criminals do felony type crimes and get a slap on the wrist by the justice for the criminal not the victim system. Just another way to legally steal as the government does better than anyone and screw americans over while the drug cartels aren't even phased by it.

Yes, we want the money. The money is used to buy equipment for the dept. Every see the slogan "Bought through confiscated funds"? Where do you think it comes from?

IMHO: A vehicle on a public road should have no expectation of privacy, a LEO could search it at anytime. The ones that b!tch are the ones commiting the crimes.

This is going to turn into a political thread.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

IMHO: A vehicle on a public road should have no expectation of privacy, a LEO could search it at anytime. The ones that b!tch are the ones commiting the crimes.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

BULLSH!T!! If you want to search my car you'd better have probable cause and a warrant or you aren't getting anywhere. And yes, I'd sit there and wait and make you go get a warrant to let you do it, then when you don't find a damn thing I will laugh at you. And you better not scratch the damn thing even if it is a POS. No one has the right to go through my sh!t. Deal with it.

How many vehicles from out of state do you think you'll find WITHOUT cash in them? I guess it depends on their threshhold to seize it, but people take stacks of cash on vacations all the time. A little profiling mixed with someone who is overprepared financially, add in a overzealous cop and some honest person could lose a lot of hard earned money. What if I want to buy a $5k car on the east coast and the seller demands green money? Guess I won't go through Tennessee.

bullsh!t!! If you want to search my car you'd better have probable cause and a warrant or you aren't getting anywhere. And yes, i'd sit there and wait and make you go get a warrant to let you do it, then when you don't find a damn thing i will laugh at you. And you better not scratch the damn thing even if it is a pos. No one has the right to go through my sh!t. Deal with it.

How many vehicles from out of state do you think you'll find without cash in them? I guess it depends on their threshhold to seize it, but people take stacks of cash on vacations all the time. A little profiling mixed with someone who is overprepared financially, add in a overzealous cop and some honest person could lose a lot of hard earned money. What if i want to buy a $5k car on the east coast and the seller demands green money? Guess i won't go through tennessee.

x2

BULLSH!T!! If you want to search my car you'd better have probable cause and a warrant or you aren't getting anywhere. And yes, I'd sit there and wait and make you go get a warrant to let you do it, then when you don't find a damn thing I will laugh at you.
You would be wrong.

A MV is an exception to the search warrant requirement because it is mobile. The police dont need a warrant to search ur car if they feel that they need to and can justify the search.

you can wait all you want on the side of the curb or in the back of a police car if you chose but searches of motor vehicles take place every day by the police without search warrants for a multitude of reasons.

another response from a street lawyer who is obviously clueless about what the police can and cannot do. educate urself before you make a fool out of urself with ur ignorance next time.....:rolleyes:

BULLSH!T!! If you want to search my car you'd better have probable cause and a warrant or you aren't getting anywhere. And yes, I'd sit there and wait and make you go get a warrant to let you do it, then when you don't find a damn thing I will laugh at you. And you better not scratch the damn thing even if it is a POS. No one has the right to go through my sh!t. Deal with it.

How many vehicles from out of state do you think you'll find WITHOUT cash in them? I guess it depends on their threshhold to seize it, but people take stacks of cash on vacations all the time. A little profiling mixed with someone who is overprepared financially, add in a overzealous cop and some honest person could lose a lot of hard earned money. What if I want to buy a $5k car on the east coast and the seller demands green money? Guess I won't go through Tennessee.
X3...... I sold my last GN for over 18k and the guy drove from up north all the way down here with cash in a brown paper lunch baggie, Was it drug money? NO it was to purchase a car.....

When I bought my TAHOE I paid in cash $16,500 with guess what? the GN money!! I took it straight to the guys bank and it went to pay off his loan...Was it drug money? NO! It was to buy a car....

And when I bought my white car I traveled to GA (Right past those LEO's pulling people over) with a 7.5k wad of cash in my pocket to buy my car.... Was it drug money? NO! It was to buy a car.....

This is complete bull**** to act all nice and crap to search vehicles and take travelers money... Now I know they have gotten some big ass busts and that's why they are there....

You treat me nice, you will get the same response....You treat me like an azz, that is what you will get in return!!!

SW.

You would be wrong.

A MV is an exception to the search warrant requirement because it is mobile. The police dont need a warrant to search ur car if they feel that they need to and can justify the search.

you can wait all you want on the side of the curb or in the back of a police car if you chose but searches of motor vehicles take place every day by the police without search warrants for a multitude of reasons.

another response from a street lawyer who is obviously clueless about what the police can and cannot do. educate urself before you make a fool out of urself with ur ignorance next time.....:rolleyes:
Brett, The top line says it all bud! "Can justify the search" just how do you guy's do that when you have no clue until you actually find something? at what point do you have to justify the search? before you search or after you search? The difference for me is an Azzhole cop or a polite decent cop.... They will make or break my attitude...

The last line is full of wrong spelling which isn't holding any credit...

WOW:eek:

You cops must have the fourth amendment printed on your toilet paper!

If cops could just search any car they wanted they wouldn't need to ask permission now would they? So it seems funny to me that whenever the police are being filmed they always ask permission "You don't mind if we look in your car do you?".

The only time they can search your car is if you give them permission (which the police coerce people into doing most of the time) or if they have PROBABLE CAUSE. No you can't just go around searching peoples cars like this is the Soviet Union and you are the KGB.

Very simple words that I try to remember: "I do not consent to any searches" "Am I being detained?" "Am I free to go?"

X3...... I sold my last GN for over 18k and the guy drove from up north all the way down here with cash in a brown paper lunch baggie, Was it drug money? NO it was to purchase a car.....

When I bought my TAHOE I paid in cash $16,500 with guess what? the GN money!! I took it straight to the guys bank and it went to pay off his loan...Was it drug money? NO! It was to buy a car....
I really hope ur not serious. ur comparing $16k to $100-$200k wrapped in individual plastic bags air sealed hidden in a secret compartment. cmon Scot, you have more common sense then that.

dont turn a seizure of obvious drug money from some guy that cant even explain where the money came from into a guy that is buying a car with cash who obviously can explain why he is carrying so much cash. apples to oranges.

I find it amusing when the police actually go out there to fight the trafficking of drugs and its proceeds into a one time experience someone had while buying a car. cmon, lets not be ridiculous here.

so its only suspicious when someone has large sums of money if there are drugs found as well? plenty of drug dealers hire curriers to transport their money just like they hire curriers to transport their drugs. its done separately for a reason so they limit the chances of both being seized at once.

its more then the money alone. they will fit a profile and usually have some lame excuse as to why they have so much cash. its not rocket science. most of these curriers dont even know who they are carrying the money for.

they were paid a fee and often dont even know there is money in the vehicle being transported. in fact, quite often they have no clue at all. they are paid X amount of dollars to drive a car or truck from point A to point B. because if a lot of these people actually knew how much money was being transported they would steal the money cause its a hell of a lot more then they are getten paid.

and as far as spelling.... urself is short for YOURSELF. cmon.... u can figure that out on ur (YOUR) own Scot.:D

The only time they can search your car is if you give them permission (which the police coerce people into doing most of the time) or if they have PROBABLE CAUSE.
The ONLY time? Wrong! If you are arrested for DUI or some other crime for which you are going to booking for or you have a warrant your car will be searched and I dont need any other reason to do so other then I can and will. it must be contemporaneous while the person is on scene.

I dont need any Probable cause to believe there is anything in the car connected to anything you are being arrested for. I only need probable cause for the arrest, not the search when involving a motor vehicle.

if ur NOT arrested and your car is being towed because you do not have a license or insurance or some other reason such as an investigation or medical reason involving ur vehicle then an inventory search will be completed which is just as invasive as a normal search and I dont need probable cause to do so.

there are numerous exceptions to the search warrant requirement so maybe you should re-read ur toilet paper. WOW:eek:

Damn, Scot!!!! Please, if you don't mind, let me know when you're making another trip with those wads of money....just send me your route number, time leaving, what car you'll be in, etc. all the important information so I can be there when you go by.....I'll introduce you to "Big Barkey" and maybe I can do you a favor and deliver the cash for you...that way you can stop at McDonalds for a hamburger waiting for me to never come back!:D:D:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

A friend of mine wait , A guy I worked with was being an idiot driving down western ave at 3am with his stereo jamming. The cops pulled him over and screwed with him about the music. He told them to get bent and they pulled his speaker box from is trunk and busted the crap out of it. Well there was 36 ounces thats right 2 lbs of cocain in the box. It happened in front of a store that had a camera that caught the whole thing. As much as I hate to say it. He walked because the deemed it an unlawful search. I think that sucks because he did have it. When I get stopped and the cop wants to look in my car I ask him why. If he says he is looking for drugs I would tell him to have at it.

When I get stopped and the cop wants to look in my car I ask him why. If he says he is looking for drugs I would tell him to have at it.

I don't think that leo have the right to search as they please. Any time I have been asked i am with Pablo "I do not consent to any searches" . I do know every time I have been stopped the leo is always looking in the back seat and all around and I expect that as I would too to avoid surprises.

I drive like a grandpa and am told so regularly. I cant afford any violations as it affects my cdl and way to make a living.

Probable cause is quite a subjective definition. I doubt My beaters would qualify as drug dealer vehicles, though I do have a Suburban as we have several children. Any time I get stopped I am always polite and am always asked where I am going and where I came from. I answer in generalities as I don;t think it is any of their business but I do know they are just doing as they are instructed. I'm sure the Texas plates don't help matters.

Next state south...

Our county has 22 miles of I-20 thru it....Quite a "profitable" stretch of road.
We also have very polite deputies and state troopers. They always ask in a nice way.:D:D

In the past month.. State troopers are on the winning side: 2 dead drug dealers/no injured officers. EXACTLY the way it should be.:cool:

All you "bad guys" that want to give the officer a ration of $hit/ play roadside lawyer.. Have your Blue Cross paid up. Here, you may get tazed, or may even have a "get together" with Fido!

You are the exact reason this country is going to shame. Search warrant this, search warrant that, you have no right to search my car, bla, bla, bla. Here in NJ it already has become that. If I smell marijuana in car, I had to ask for consent to search the car. If consent is denied, the vehicle is siezed and occupants are detained. Then a search warrant is applied for. What this creates is more work for the LEO to do his/her job. In the past, I smelled weed, pulled the occupants out, searched the car no questions asked. Now the LEO has to go through all this extra work that the LEO doesn't want to do. So the car with the drugs, guns, money is let go.

Pretty soon LE will have their hands tied. So instead of LE being proactive, we'll become reactive like firemen. Let people run drugs, guns, money, etc, etc. Then LE will come in and do the clean up work.

Here is another assinine law in NJ. LE needs to obtain a search warrant to search a garbage bag placed on the curb. Why...... Because the garbage bag is black and you can't see through it, you have an expectation of privacy.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Couple of things.....

In MS we have the Castle Doctrine that says your vehicle is an extension of your home and the same search and seizure rules that apply to your house apply to your home. With that said, if you get pulled over and the vehicle reeks of weed you are going to get searched no matter if you pull out a protest sign unless the cop is in a really good mood or is in a hurry to get somewhere else.

Billy, don't take this the wrong way, but the reason this country is going to shame is not b/c citizens want to exercise their God given and constitutionally backed civil rights. Civil rights in this country have always caused a cop's job to be harder, don't like it, find another line of work. You knew the game when you joined. Do not, however, expect us to give up our rights to make your job easier.

Lastly, when is everyone going to wake up and realize the simple truth. The gov't, the cops, and everyone else involved including the judge don't really give a damn if you do drugs or if drug dealers sell drugs. The only motivation behind the "drug war" is MONEY! It has nothing to do with protecting soceity and everything to do with job security. They go after the money instead of the drugs b/c it's easier, and in the end it's all about the money anyway. Instead of fining and incarcerating the people they just seize their money. Why catch someone with drugs when you can catch someone with money and take it? What do the cops do with 100lbs of coke, they burn it. What do the cops do with a million bucks they just seized, spend it. The truth is the supposed "drug war" is nothing but a sorry ass money grab perpetuated under the guise of protecting society when in reality not only did we lose the thing years ago, we never really had any hope of winning in the first place. In the abscence of the ability to win leaves what we have now, legalized robbery by the state.

Le

How about they do more than ride around eating dunkin donuts picking on working people going to work early in the a.m. trying to afford gas? How about they go after real criminals instead of small time bs? The real problem with this country isn't INEEDAGN it's morons that can't do their jobs. Whether it's restaurants or cops or what have you. Cops are no different than anyone else. They take the easy way out. I see it at work. People want the easy tasks. Why work hard when you can get easy prey. That is what this law is about. Easy money. I will say the few good LEO's hands are tied due to the corruption starting with government down to the patrol officer. So it's a catch 22 the right thing can never be done.