Hypothetical Only

jjlilly16

Would you trade the Grand National you have for a 2008 Infiniti G35X with 64k miles? Mine is excellent and I can download all the service records all done at the dealer.

Trying to gauge relative worth, not a real trade.

Your car is a mainstream commuter car. You have to sell it in that market. Look up the worth on Kelly BB. A car is only worth what someone will pay for it. That's a Grumpy quote.

No offense taken from anyone, I would trade 3 of my car for a GN in good standing. Cars, like stocks, are only ever worth what the next guy will pay.

I would trade my GN for the Infiniti + 50K cash! :)

And I'd still lose money!!! LOL

It's worth about $15,000 trade-in value in average condition depending on the history (no accidents or warranty problems). So if you're selling your GN for $15,000 and like Infinitis, it would be a fair trade (swapping money is all). You could trade the Infiniti in on something else and get your money back immediately.

Problem is finding someone with a GN that wants that Infinity. Most people selling out just want the money.

Even if they are worth the same now, keep in mind that the value of your GN "should" be going up, while the value of Infinity is most likely going down.

I'm a Buick guy so I wouldn't even trade my T for some other make even if it were worth three times what my T is worth as it sits. You might feel differently.
Just has to do with your wants and needs. Do you want a foreign car instead of your Buick? Do you need a more reliable car than your Buick? Then that might be the trade for you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I might consider a trade for a newer Cadillac CTS-V:eek:
Infiniti isn't even on the radar.

LOL no f'in way. If anyone at this point was looking to trade their GN, it would have to be for something else that is a toy, not a DD. Now that my car is somewhat reliable, I really like it again and would have a HARD time coming up with a worthy replacement.

Well you are asking on a Turbo Regal website...I am sure if you went to a Infinity forum you would get the exact opposite advice. Its going to come down to personal preference but these cars are diametrically opposed in terms of class, style, and usage.