Hydroboost or vacuum?

I bought the vacuum kit from Kirban. My car is an '85. Can anyone tell me where I should pull for my vacuum source since the block they send does not work for the 85? Kirban wasn't any help when I called and asked.

T into the PCV line...

I'm doing my vacuum conversion this weekend, does anyone have detailed pics of where I need to tie into the vacuum line? Do I need to get any vacuum check valves or anything else while I'm at it? I have the pedal, booster,master cylinder and a 5/16 tee fitting. Thanks!

images
If you have this then it looks like it's your check valve.... If you mean adding another check valve then I would say that i'm no expert but all the cars I've seen don't have anything but this on the line to the booster...

FWIW, I've put vaccum conversions on both my cars and love them! I've never driven a Buick with the Hydroboost brakes so I cant speak for them, but the cost for the units steered me clear of them. I've got 100 in both brake setups and they work amazingly :)

Got most of it done, I'll get back on it tonight.

Attachments

• image-3185312772.jpg
    image-3185312772.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image-1248547337.jpg
    image-1248547337.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2951011527.jpg
    image-2951011527.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for all the advice and help, the links and pics provided were very helpful. I took me about 5 hrs total with no power tools, bleed time included in the 5. Thanks again, my car now stops great!

Some test #'s...
HB on a 55 Chevy.
11" ft discs/11 x 2.5 drums rear. 1 1/8" MC.
[Converted from vac brakes. 8" dual diaphram. Engine vac @15"]
Vac MAX psi w/ the seat back in "max load" = 700psi.
HB, and a "normal person" pedal pressure = 2100psi.
I also added an adj prop valve. Dialed it from near closed until the rear wheels lock, close 1/4 turn. This mofo will now STOP!:cool:

Just like FOX NEWS: We report, you decide.......:D