Hydroboost Nightmare!!

Powerbrakebob: Since you are back on the boards here, could I ask you for the replacement rubber o-rings for the fittings on the hydroboost that I asked you for a year ago? I still was not able to get mine together yet, and I am waiting on this new o-ring.

POWERBRAKEBOB:
You need to contact Shane G., or SGRIM on this forum to inquire about becoming a supporting supplier on this forum. Come on, Bob, you know that, as Shane told you that about 2 weeks ago.

Well if he won't, I will. PM sent to SGRIM. Anyone else who can handle the becoming a vendor part is welcome to call me.

Van
800-256-6295
www.vancopbs.com
Vanco Power Brake Supply
Vancopbs@aol.com

Just talked to Van today in a few emails and on the phone. Easy to deal with and ordered a stainless line set from him at a very affordable price. Hope he follows through and becomes a vendor on here because I'd be willing to bet there would be a good market on here for somebody willing to stand behind their product.

Just talked to Van today in a few emails and on the phone. Easy to deal with and ordered a stainless line set from him at a very affordable price. Hope he follows through and becomes a vendor on here because I'd be willing to bet there would be a good market on here for somebody willing to stand behind their product.

So does that mean you're finally converting?? Let me know if you need to look at mine for anything.

So does that mean you're finally converting?? Let me know if you need to look at mine for anything.

Yep as soon as the lines get to the house I will be switching over. Got the booster and the master cylinder settin in the shop now. I might have to check yours out before I start the project just to make sure I've got it all right in my head how to run everything. Think I might add a cooler somewhere if I can figure out a place to mount a small one.

i'd like to know what year corvette has an aluminum m/c with apropriate bore size for my hydro setup. any one?

Believe it or not it is on my list. With all the hoses and speedo cable etc hooked up you don't notice much else. The brakes will hold 15 to 18 lbs of boost easy. They work great. So far the only hassle is the noise. I am told it will subside after some air gets out of the sysyem. I hope so.
Hi , I know this is old , who s hydro boost system did you go with ? thank you

That's pretty much what I did. Except I bought the hb, mc, and the two lines from rockauto

I ordered the parts for an 84 t-type.
Been on the car over three years. Working well so far. Let me knew if you have questions.

Added Link:

For those who are having probs with a spongy pedal. The MC on these HB systems sits at an angle and can get air trapped. Might nee to do the rubber mallet thing. Also make sure those little holes are expelling fluid as shown. Just be careful as brake fluid removes paint.

Last edited: