*Hydroboost install writeup with pics*

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions from Bob? He sent my Hydroboost without install instructions; have the hydroboost mounted, pedal connected, brake lines on but do not have the routing instructions for the PS lines and purging of the system... could use the help, Bob seemed to be rather distracted :( today and did not find the time to email them to me. I'd really like to get my car moving...

Now you can thread the adaptor into the power steering pump that has a male -6an fitting on the top. Thread the 90 degree -6an elbow on to the fitting facing the passenger side. I decided to route the line down the passenger side of the Hydroboost and master, under the A/C compressor, under the power steering pump and up to the fitting. You have to mark, cut, and splice the line into the 90 degree elbow. Bob's instructions explain how to do this well. Here are pictures of the lines routed:

Continue
What a PITA this fitting was to get to. After many hours yesterday and today (and not nearly enough beers :eek: ) I managed to get this beatch on only to find out it leaks. So now I get to redo the entire removal process (yep, intercooler and all that nonsense around it) to figure out why the damn thing is leaking. I have less respect now for the group of GM engineers that put this fitting in such a hard to get place. Perhaps one of these days I'll have brakes again and can actually drive this car...:mad:

I fround it easier to just remove the pump and install the line with it off of the car.

Take off your air intake and serpentine belt. Then remove the upper driver's side intercooler bracket bolt (the one that also holds the upper radiator hose in place) and the one in the driver's side of the intercooler itself and this should leave enough play in the bracket that you can unbolt the two p/s mounting bolts and pull it out from below with a little wiggling/cussing. I would have taken the driver's side intercooler bracket off completely but the bottom nut wouldn't budge and I didn't want to strip or break it so I worked around it.

I attached the line to the pump while it was on my workbench then just fed the line where I wanted it to go as I worked the pump back into position.

It may sound like a PITA but I can remove/replace the p/s pump in less than half an hour now without rushing so it can't be that bad.

Also, just as a "heads up" check this thread concerning a problem that I had with my p/s pump......

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/252842-hydroboost-install-issue-s.html

Why don't you guys just head to autozone and rent the power steering pulley puller and just pull it out. Its real easy to get to after that.

I'm really looking forward to getting this PITA hyrdoboost on the car and working only to find out it will probably cause PS pump problems... I need to find a way to get past the leaking at the PS pump issues first... and yes getting the clevis into the brake pedal was a great way to spend an hour...:eek:

I'm really looking forward to getting this PITA hyrdoboost on the car and working only to find out it will probably cause PS pump problems... I need to find a way to get past the leaking at the PS pump issues first... and yes getting the clevis into the brake pedal was a great way to spend an hour...:eek:

Just a tip on getting the brake pedal on yourself. Mount the hydroboost and back off the two mounting nuts all the way to the end and pull the hydroboost out, it gives you a bit more wiggle room to slide it on. A little grease on it doesnt hurt either.

IMG_3645.jpg

Now, I went back to the powermaster assembly and disconnected the two wire connectors and the

brake lines.

IMG_3646.jpg

Just ordered a Hydroboost system... what happens when you unplug the PM wiring harness? Do either of these get reused at any point? Does the brake light come on and stay on with the Hydroboost? What about the 30 amp fuse for the PM pump; does that simply become useless? Thanks and great documentation, I'll be under the hood this weekend trying to get the ole girl up and running... :rolleyes:
hello people: I know this is old and I hear you need to put the fat line to the rear of the MC but as this pic. shows there not the same size. That's my issue . Now what?
IBBY

hello people: I know this is old and I hear you need to put the fat line to the rear of the MC but as this pic. shows there not the same size. That's my issue . Now what?
IBBY
that's the same size thread..

hello people: I did have it hooked up with the fat line to the front because of the thread size. Before my hose issue it seemed to stop fine but without the fat line to the rear is that going to be a problemo?
IBBY