Hurst Olds on 20+ rims

GDNF2ET

Has the lightning rods, dash plaque also..On a car lot in Portsmouth ,VA..

Attachments

• HURST 1.JPG
    HURST 1.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 594
Putting aside the size of the wheels, all that chrome doesn't even match the rest of the car.

I wouldn't mind that car. Those rims and tires would head straight to Craig's List.

Damnit!!
I didnt want pics of my new car out there yet:biggrin:
Oh wait,Thats an 83

the lower stripes are horribly thick.... looks terrible. Door decals look way too big also.

Those rims probably cost somebody a couple grand, subtract the cost of those and you don't have too terrible of a price for the car...

is that a vinyl interior in maple red? The seat looks shiny in the 2nd pic... if so, that's a pretty rare optioned car... I've only ever seen 3-4 that way...

Trends from bad to worse

It's amazing how trends go in the ethnic Cruisin World from one extreme to another. Remember when La Familia car club members used 13" Daytons w/whitewalls with fake spinner knock offs(almost 35 years ago in High School) Nowadays it's 20"-22" Spinners(Tonka lookin wheels) they'd have thousands of dollars tied into the paint,velvet upholstery, wire wheels,batteries in the trunk to run their hydraulic suspension and ride low,sideways up-down , used to cruise to War's famous Ghetto, Barrio,Hood Anthem.:cool:

" All my friends drive a Lowrider the lowriders drive a lil slower." In high school even though ethnic I could bring myself to ruining a car by putting too small of wheels on even though it was heredity driven to do so. I drove a 2 tone 58 Del Rey 283 ,PG, stock rims/dog dish hubcaps/stockers with fat Goodyear bigfoot radials front and back with a little larger then normal whitewall, of course a Our Lady of Guadalupe on the dash. :biggrin: and dice on the rearview mirror. A stocker but a looker w/only 13k on the odo.. Have always liked the lowered aggressive stance , there's a right way to do it and it wasn't with 13" wheels.

Nowadays some vehicles/ Hotrods/retro mods look nice slammed with AirRide technologies. Now they've gone way to far the 20"+ wheels may look acceptable on a SUV like an Escalade, Navagator they just Ruin the look of a musclecar. The New Homey look reminds me of the Cheap toy cars we used to play with as kids plastic body with the big wheels /fake lookin mags with a metal axle that snapped on to the plastic tabs. They've ruined that Olds save the car put some 15's or 16's back on. Even NASCAR rims would look better then the 4 wheel drive look.

poor thing. I just dont get it. dont those large rims make the ride really rough?? should I ask if the car comes with the rims???

I'll bet there's a 99% chance this car is owned by a black person. Seems like only they think big rims on a car are cool.

And yes they like G body cars as well as B body cars. Even worse is when it's an A body car. That seems to be the "in" thing to them.

Perhaps the owner spent his last dime on the rims or otherwise it would be sitting 10 feet in the air.

I'll bet the old man is standing there shaking his head wondering what the world is coming to.....

I'll bet there's a 99% chance this car is owned by a black person. Seems like only they think big rims on a car are cool.

And yes they like G body cars as well as B body cars. Even worse is when it's an A body car. That seems to be the "in" thing to them.

Perhaps the owner spent his last dime on the rims or otherwise it would be sitting 10 feet in the air.

I'll bet the old man is standing there shaking his head wondering what the world is coming to.....

No, dont bet on that..where i live you see more white people than blacks with 20`s or better rims....so believe every time you see a car with 20`s its black owned....

It doesn't matter...

It doesn't matter if you are black, white, latino or asian; big a$$ rims like that make those G-Body car look terrible. But then, that's my opinion and people have different taste just like personalities. Whatever roll their boat! :)