Hurricane Rita and Buick "refugees"

GNandGS

I'm still here!
I havent cleared this with the wife as she is currently in transit from out of the country but I was curious if any Buick folk from down in TX or ? are planning to travel to Kansas to escape the storm? If so, I might be able to save a buck or two on motel/hotel money.

The Mrs will be back in the morning and I'll for sure let her know about the storm. At minimum I can get you local information or help with transportation in the Wichita area (some will have packed cars or poor running?), or give you a place to eat, internet, cell phone, etc.

Im a little late I know as many/most have no doubt made their plans. I also realize it might be a bit far. I wasnt really watching the news close enough lately.

Anyway, if readers here know of someone in our Buick community that could use the help let me know...

Shawn B

I'll likely have the admins remove the number after a number of days as Im not real comfortable with posting that kind of info.

:biggrin: Buddy, you are the man !!!!! I am from Houston and I ask everyone to keep us in their thoughts like this fine Gentleman has so graciously done.

Me and my Buick are heading to Austin. I figure if it stays around 175 mph Me and the Buick should just be able to out run it :rolleyes: :biggrin:

GNandGS

Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, the Buick had to stay behind. I jacked her up as high as it would go with jack stands. It looks like I am getting ready to pull the tranny.

I hope the house and the GN are in one piece when I get back. The new Champion irons are sitting high on a self.

Man I hope EVERYONE stays safe. Wife says "ok" so if someone needs me Im here.

Wow, VERY generous offer. Thankfully, my fiance and I live in Central Texas where they are forcasting only 40-60 mph winds instead of the 100+ mph winds on/at initial landfall! GN's in the garage, warm and nestled in tightly! Thanks from the people of Texas for thinking of us.....

Click this link and then go to "Live Coverage"
http://www.click2houston.com/index.html#

Also ..........
I live and in SW houston and out of the flood zone.
I am riding it out as the experts suggested.
Anyone needs a last minute place to stay, let me know ..................
Got a spare bedroom ready for you. :D

Well, it's Saturday and I am back at home. Good news! No damage to the house or the Buick. Now it's time to crank her up so I can go out to appreciate her.

justabuickv6 said:
Well, it's Saturday and I am back at home. Good news! No damage to the house or the Buick. Now it's time to crank her up so I can go out to appreciate her.

and enjoy no traffic...

im in college station, and we havent seen a drop of rain yet.

-jeff

We're back too...

We made it back here to Sugar Land. We aren't doing any driving unless it is necessary,no one has any gas around here.

We didn't even make it to Austin. Took us over 4 hours to go 25 miles. We holed up at my parents out in Katy. Remember that saying about fish and family get smelly after three days. When it was pretty clear the storm wasn't going to be a direct hit we left after a day !!!!

Pray for those people in Beaumont/Port Arthur,they got it worse. I also heard that a levee broke in New Orleans. That's gotta suck. :eek: