Huge oil leak under turbo area

mc71454

The smoke comes blasting out from the front right tire area when the engine is revved. It hasn't cooled off yet enough to touch so I haven't poked around yet. decent sized puddle on the ground too. :frown:

I had an oil pressure sending unit come apart on me once. Sprayed oil like crazy. The turbo oil return was the first thing that came to mind though. Check your oil cooling lines too.

OK, will do

It seemed to only happen when I got into the turbo. And this happened right after I added a quart of oil. :confused:

My main leak issue was coming from the oil feed line connector. I replaced everything and it still leaked out of the center section of the turbo, where the right angle fitting screwed in. The hole had warped, so I had to run a pipe tap in the hole to get it round again. Well, it was still leaking out of another area of that fitting, so I switch to a compression style fitting. That worked for awhile and started leaking again. I had so many issues that I gave up and ended sweat soldering the fittings together. Hasnt leaked since. I know I may have gotten some solder int he turbo, but at that point I was so frustrated I didnt care anymore. Evereything turned out fine.

rodman99999 said:
I had an oil pressure sending unit come apart on me once. Sprayed oil like crazy. The turbo oil return was the first thing that came to mind though. Check your oil cooling lines too.

Finally looked for the leak today...

Oil pressure sending unit spraying when the throttle is blipped...getting a new one tomorrow and will be back on the road..