HR Parts vs Metco

titan1

getting ready to do some rear suspension upgrades. Going back and forth between the HR Parts and the Metco. Really like the HR sway bar. Would there be fitment problems if I put in the Metco Uppers and Lowers and the HR bar? Should I just use all one vendor? Any imput would be greatly appreciated Thanks

I have used both and both are good products. H&R has the whole package with the big plus of being a TurboBuick.com sponsor:wink::biggrin: Nothing wrong with the metco's have several sets myself...

Depending on your goals, the H&R stuff is better for racing and higher HP...

Can't go wrong with either of the two. I've used both also. I have the hr stuff on my current car and couldn't be happier. You will not have any issues running Metco arms with the hr bar.

my goals are pretty much to not get killed in this thing :eek: Since the new motor, when I get on it the rear end is all over the place. Def gotta do something. Car has never seen the track but I might bring it up there this spring just to see what it can do.

Both are Great Products and Vendors, I have HR installed

After attending GS Nationals since 2003, and talking to many people, and
Watching Paul Ferry install his sway bar at numerous events, I decided HR. Originally I wanted to add GNX rear end, which is really expensive, and then decided HR offered more of what I needed... after adding HR parts, I added GNX pumpkin (made by Richard Clark) cover to give me both as a hybrid version, HR with GNX Cover, thus better race results and ride plus I updated my suspension using parts and materials from 2009 vs 1987...

How many GN's with street tires at the track can show/prove what I have done in past 2 years, Black and white, before and after, with video, time slips and people watching... If you have better 60' times using street tires, or quarter mile times, please post... Scot W stated he has done it too... 1.80 60' on street tires... my point is that I used HRpartsNstuff sway bar, uca, lca, air bags. same track, same mods, 2009 vs 2010.

I installed HRpartsNstuff Rear Sway Bar, Lower Control Arms and Double Adjustable Upper Control Arms, plus Dual Air Bags, and then removed pinion snubber, on a daily driver GN....
The difference is night and day.

The ride, 0-30, 0-60, stability, cornering and 60' are the direct result of HR parts. My GN is road course ready... unlike most GN's...

simply adding HR sway bar, upper and lower control arms.

60' before and after HRpartsNstuff Sway Bar, UCA, LCA
My 60' stock GN was 2.3 - 2.7 in 2009 then in 2010 my 60' dropped to lowest 1.806 & 1.81 on back to back passes, launching 3-4 pounds of boost, in overdrive - October 2010 using 245/50/16" Kumho STREET tires... and HRparts sway bar UCA/LCA added...

I have tried racing. launching with it in drive, but my GN loves it in Overdrive... Also, I have MT ET DR 15" mounted on rims and ready... for 2011.

I like the idea of what works on the street, what can I do on the track, simply by adding higher octane fuel and removing floor mat...

Also, note my GN ran best of 12.39 with 60' of 1.806 with external wastegate gasket leak and trunk loaded since I drove it from Maine to Kentucky then to Wisconsin...

Unopened 1987 Buick V6 Turbo 3.8 liter Factory Stock with 106,000 miles and Bolt-on Parts!
Turbo Tweak: LT1-3" MAF, Translator, TT 93 Street Chip, 60# Fuel Injectors.
GN1-Performance: 3" Front Mount Intercooler, 3" Down Pipe with External Wastegate & External Boost Controller, 3" Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust.
Full Throttle Speed: Scanmaster and Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
RJC Racing: RJC Air Distribution Plenum Power Plate.
Red Armstrong / Quad Air: XP Plus Fuel Pump with Hotwire/Fuel Pump Feeder Kit.
Kirban Performance: TA-49 Turbo (up to 545 HP), GNX 16x8 Honeycomb Rims, GNX Fender Flares, Brace Kit Front & Rear, Ignition Coil Pack & Spark Plug Wires, 160 Thermostat, Reproduction Rear Bumper Fillers, Front Bumper Fillers, Steel Hood Shocks, Polished Aluminum MAF Pipe, Angled Billet Oil Fill Tube & Breather Kit, A-Pillar Boost & Knock Gauges, Engine Tie-Down Strap.
GBodyParts: F Body Aluminum Radiator with Dual Fans, Vacuum Brakes, Stainless Steel Catalytic Converter Hanger.
HRpartsNstuff: Anti-Roll/Rear Sway Bar, Lower & Upper Double Adjustable Control Arms, Dual Air Bags with Spacers and Drive Shaft Safety Loop.
Cotton's Performance: Heated Oxygen "02" Sensor Kit.
Miscellaneous/New/Replaced: Windshield, Rearview Mirror, Shocks, Head Lights, Brembo Brakes, Ceramic Pads, Calipers, Repacked Bearings, 8" K&N Air Filter, NOS Grey Leather Steering Wheel with Billet Ring, NOS Black Headlight Bezels, NGK UR5 Spark Plugs (Gapped Tight 0.030), Windshield Bottle & Radiator Overflow Plus Caps, Original Radiator Cap "Made in England".

1987 BUICK REGAL GRAND NATIONAL "XSTASY" :: PHOTO GALLERY 2010

http://www.gsnationals.com/GNHT_Images/87GNHT_UC1A.JPG

The true test is same car, same track, HR parts installed/tested, then removed and Metco parts installed/tested... Wanna test using my car?

Check out attached pics, HRpartsNstuff vs Stock

Attachments

• 87GNHT_UC1A.jpg
    87GNHT_UC1A.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 644
  • 87GNHT_UC2A.jpg
    87GNHT_UC2A.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 647
  • GNHT2008_UC1A.jpg
    GNHT2008_UC1A.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 582
I have an HRpartsNstuff Sway Bar with Metco upper and lowers on mine. No problems at all. I'm very happy with both products.
Mike

hr bar,metco uppers and lowers.both products are awesome.made the car perform and drive good.

You will need to replace the bushings in the Metco arms if you trans brake it a bunch. They are not made to launch that hard. On the other hand, the HR are a little more $$$ but Paul offers a better bushing. I have HR bar and my homemade arms with Paul's killer bushings. Awesome ride and performance. Cant go wrong. The Metco's are good to. I had them for a year.

Read this thread. It was fresh in my mind at the time.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/fabrication-no-solicitation/293947-coachs-newest-trailing-arms.html

:biggrin:

I have metco lower an adj uper control arms on my car an my dads car and lowers on the TTA ... Metco is made in SC :cool:

He needs to become a vendor on this site

I have some H&R adjustable upper control arms and sway bar, + some Wolfe Racecraft adjustable control arms and I'm happy with my setup. I used to have some fixed lenght H&R lower control arms also, but went with the Wolfe's because of the rod ends which gave me some adjustability. At first, I was a little concerned the ride would be too harsh when driving on the street, but it's not bad at all!...probably because of the H&R upper control arm's urethane bushings...:wink: As for the H&R sway bar, I know everyone gives it some great reviews, but I have mixed feelings about it as the car doesn't pull the wheels off the ground as it did before...:(...It does leaves level though as advertised. :redface: As for the Metco's they look like a nice product, but I've never tried them...

Claude. :smile:

what are the advantages of the adjustable uppers vs the tubular. Besides the fact you can adjust them...the tubular ones look more beefy. Are the adjustables as strong? thanks

I have some H&R adjustable upper control arms and sway bar, + some Wolfe Racecraft adjustable control arms and I'm happy with my setup. I used to have some fixed lenght H&R lower control arms also, but went with the Wolfe's because of the rod ends which gave me some adjustability. At first, I was a little concerned the ride would be too harsh when driving on the street, but it's not bad at all!...probably because of the H&R upper control arm's urethane bushings...:wink: As for the H&R sway bar, I know everyone gives it some great reviews, but I have mixed feelings about it as the car doesn't pull the wheels off the ground as it did before...:(...It does leaves level though as advertised. :redface: As for the Metco's they look like a nice product, but I've never tried them...

Claude. :smile:

It's about being fast not how high wheels get.

If I'm spending my money I'm spending it with Paul at HR, he directly contributes to the Buick racing community and makes one hell of a great product.

I went with Paul's stuff way back when he was 1st getting established, bought a set of HR's 1/4" longer lowers & non adjustable uppers from him at the Buicks at Bristol event back around ~2000... geez has it REALLY been that long ago?!?!? Great, now I feel like an old fart & I'm not even 40 yet! :eek:

Anyway, back to the point. My T went from coming out of the hole all gimped up & struggling to pull 1.68 - 1.7 60 ft's to easy 1.54 - 1.55's with absoulutely no other changes.

You will need to replace the bushings in the Metco arms if you trans brake it a bunch. They are not made to launch that hard...

Metco control arms are assembled with bushings manufactured by Energy Suspension. These bushings are made to strict specifications and represent the latest in poly bushing composition.
In fact, bushing failures in Metco arms occur so infrequently that they are guaranteed forever to the original purchaser of the control arms.

For competition applications (ie full weight car & transbrake launch), a Delrin bushing upgrade is available through Metco.

HTH..

I installed HRpartsNstuff Rear Sway Bar, Lower Control Arms and Double Adjustable Upper Control Arms, plus Dual Air Bags, and then removed pinion snubber, on a daily driver GN....
The difference is night and day.

Add airbags with the HR? Didn't used to advertise get rid of the airbags with this?

Delrin is a composite material with properties similar to nylon. It is extremely strong and has been proven in severe use, yet it does not have the fast wear characteristics of a spherical joint or the harsh ride normally associated with a metallic joint.

Add airbags with the HR? Didn't used to advertise get rid of the airbags with this?

Don't need air bags to counteract twist anymore, but if you have a problem with ride height, or you car likes a stiffer spring for some reason then they can still be beneficial.