HP problems wonder why? and can it be welded

onefastcar

mono e mono
Well i guess i know what my hp issue is and already have another set to go on cause i just had this feelin didn't realize the gorge had opened up on it, it only had a slight ticking but the crack is going into the pipe wondered if it is worth gettin welded or not.

Attachments

• car 005.jpg
    car 005.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 75
  • car 006.jpg
    car 006.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 57
Looks like my header. Second one in a row to crack in the past year. The loss of power and spoolup is crazy. Feels like it lost ALOT of power. If you have enough meat left to resurface it after it gets welded, go for it. Make sure to check the surface after it gets welded. Dont surface it beforehand. Also have a small steel brace welded on, that connects the 2 rear primaries. Thats what Im going to do next time around, cause 2 times is 2 too many times to have this happen.

I'm gonna use this as a backup or goin to different set-up if this becomes a headache, the crack split from the weld and went about a 3rd of the circumference of the pipe was just leary of it, ahh what the heck its only money (right) :rolleyes: . Thanks!

Thats nothing, send it to JP here in KC and he can stainless steel tig weld it back to new.

You can either replace it or get it tig welded by a professional.

BW