Hp on alky

Frank718

Buick t type
My question is how much more Hp would my car make, with a alky kit on a stock turbo.

what does your car have done to it? stock turbo but what else?

Do yourself a favor and get Razors kit!!! You will love it, and may save your engine from a costly detonation problem.
Bryan

Do yourself a favor and get Razors kit!!! You will love it, and may save your engine from a costly detonation problem.
Bryan
I have 36lb Bluetop, hp reg,
cotton dual exhaust, gen 2, tt chip, brains trans with 3200 stall, and alky control. What numbers should I be expecting with this setup.Thanks in advance for the info.

I would say a high 12 sec, maybe less with alot of tuning and the boost turned way up.

I have 36lb Bluetop, hp reg,
cotton dual exhaust, gen 2, tt chip, brains trans with 3200 stall, and alky control. What numbers should I be expecting with this setup.Thanks in advance for the info.

low 12's on a stock turbo you need a perfect tune and a diet to get in 11's

I ran 12.13 @ 115 with alky on a stock turbo. I was a good 60' away from an 11...2.1's and 2.0's are killer.

I have never had my Grand National on a dyno but have a 04 SSR with a 5.3, It also has a alky kit, On the dyno it was 358 rwhp, Turn the alky on and it went to 408 but the rear wheel torque went to 496 so with not the best tune it picked up 50 rwhp with alky

Think of this.. the fastest "stock turbo" Regal ran 11.37 at 116.5 on 92 octane and alky injection.

Lot more than 300 HP ;)

I know a super charged V8 and a turbo V6 is like apples and oranges

They are both air pumps. The more air you pump in.. and fuel on top of that air.. the more power it makes :D

It can be a Fiat or a Yugo.. internal combustion engine :)

I have never had my Grand National on a dyno but have a 04 SSR with a 5.3, It also has a alky kit, On the dyno it was 358 rwhp, Turn the alky on and it went to 408 but the rear wheel torque went to 496 so with not the best tune it picked up 50 rwhp with alky
What SC system do you have on that SSR and how many psi?

I invited a few SSRs to our Buick Club dyno day this past Saturday, one guy had a 6.0 '05 SSR with a roots style Magnacharger but he only made 371rwhp/381rwtq, appeared he had some tuning issues running very rich, and he had no idea what psi it ran. He had a shop do all the work that claims to have done several of these...

I've been looking around for an SSR, probably get more serious in a year or so, and a SC'd would be nice :)

I have the 112 Magnacharger with a 2.8 pulley, 9 psi I was running 0n the rich side and it was really hot and they didn't use any fans, The truck run pretty good for 5080 lbs. with me in it, 12.70 with street tires spinning like crazy at 109 mph, I sure hope the guy know what boost he is running now

I have the 112 Magnacharger with a 2.8 pulley, 9 psi I was running 0n the rich side and it was really hot and they didn't use any fans, The truck run pretty good for 5080 lbs. with me in it, 12.70 with street tires spinning like crazy at 109 mph, I sure hope the guy know what boost he is running now

Was that 50hp pickup with the alky on with a different tune?
If it was the same tune, I wouldn't be running any boost without alky because thats a sign thats loads of timing was being removed due to knock. Alky alone without a change in tune would not render any more hp I wouldn't think unless it is curing any knock. With alky, the cooling and octane would allow a higher timing tune..not to mention cutting some fueling from the PCM.

I run a Gen2 Trans with wbo2 AFR, so the AFR is set the same no matter if alky is spraying or not..when the alky comes on, the Gen2 automatically cuts fuel to meet the desired AFR programmed in.

I had a HPTuner running and a Inovate wide band 02, I had a street tune and a racing tune or should say we was workinging on a race tune but now I have just one tune and run alky all the time, I know what you mean, It was a safe tune just could have been a lot better racing tune

off topic

They are both air pumps. The more air you pump in.. and fuel on top of that air.. the more power it makes :D

It can be a Fiat or a Yugo.. internal combustion engine :)

i know this is off topic and on an old post, but yugos have fiat engines. just fyi.