Hows This Sound?

86turbonational

well my engine builder recomends the following for my hott air. can you guys give me your opinions on what she should run?

1) eagle forged crank

2) eagle forged rods

3) billet main caps

4) billet main girdle

5) srp je forged pistons

6) total seal rings

7) factory new oil pump

8) gn-1 aluminum heads ported and polished and bowl blendid

9) full roller valvetrain

10) cut and welded and extrude honed plenum

11) 1000 cfm turbo

12) 200r4 trans with shift improver kit completly rebuilt by joels on joy

car is a 1985 t-type with manual windows,locks,no rear defrost, concert sound 1 and cruise control. this is a full interior car and yes it will be running a razors alky kit and be dyno tuned as well. all other supporting mods will be installed such as injectors and cai and etc.

so what do you think it will run? i want it tuned for street manners obviously but its gotta be quick when i need it :)

Sounds like a solid combo.
I think there a few things that are "missing" in the write-up (I am sure you have them covered)
1. Injectors and Converter
2. DP & headers
3. Exhaust system
4. Tires

I am no expert, but my "guestemate" is; With a good tune, some traction, and a good exhaust, 11's are in your future, if you can't hook it.
My guess is around 118 - 122 mph.

I am sure the experts will jump in and give you more realistic numbers.

Save your money on the heads and go with ported irons. Gn1's are overkill if your gonna stay hot air (low bang for the buck). Ported irons will yield you 40-50 hp. Save the extra dollars and do some suspension upgrades.

well the car is a body off resto. all the bushings and complete suspention is new factory gm except the shocks and the poly bushings. i was gonna use bilstein shocks all 4 corners. im not planning on a huge converter because like i said i want real good street manners and also driving the exprssway will be done fairly often.

i am still deciding on exhaust, my friend is a master and he can make me custome stuff with his mandrel machine, or i will just order the best i can find on the net.

my engine builder said that this combo should bring 11:70-11:90 all day long and last for awhile :) think this sounds about right?

well the car is a body off resto. all the bushings and complete suspention is new factory gm except the shocks and the poly bushings. i was gonna use bilstein shocks all 4 corners. im not planning on a huge converter because like i said i want real good street manners and also driving the exprssway will be done fairly often.

i am still deciding on exhaust, my friend is a master and he can make me custome stuff with his mandrel machine, or i will just order the best i can find on the net.

my engine builder said that this combo should bring 11:70-11:90 all day long and last for awhile :) think this sounds about right?

Yeah, high 11's sounds about right.
As stated by BigDaddy; Replace or rework the DP and PS manifold.

On a side note:
Your friend has a mandrel pipe bender?
What about bending a few pipes for some of us? Of course he'll get paid.:D

Yeah, high 11's sounds about right.
As stated by BigDaddy; Replace or rework the DP and PS manifold.

On a side note:
Your friend has a mandrel pipe bender?
What about bending a few pipes for some of us? Of course he'll get paid.:D

im sure he would but let me ask him first. he is very good with his work and pretty cheap aswell.