howard stern off the air

Rogue Leader

"I dont have the figures because honestly I dont feel like sitting here for 1/2 hour looking it up... use GOOGLE if you need proof otherwise look at how big and popular he is and you can stop talking out of your ass."

Reading this as you wrote it, it certainly looks like you ARE "talking out of your ass."

You made a huge claim about numbers of listeners that can not be supported no matter how many Google searches you try. I also ran a Dogpile search. Try "talk program ratings" "radio talk ratings" "talk show ratings" radio program ratings" and more with nothing to support what you contend. I went through pages of both search engines and found nothing to support your claims.

Please stick to statements you can support and I, at least, will find you a bit more credible. Currently your program rating is net zero

What I did find were comments like this one:

"Howard Stern’s three-year run at "The End," KKND-FM/106.7, came to an end of its own Dec. 17 after the station declined to renew his show’s contract."

"Reed doesn’t expect Stern’s departure to change the market much, because "oftentimes, advertisers don’t even want to be on the show, so it just doesn’t enter into a lot of my client decisions." Don Cooper, executive director of the Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association, agrees. "I don’t think it’s of major significance to the local market," he says. "I think it’s significant to Stern if local stations are becoming unhappy with the results they’re getting from him."

Howard was losing his market BEFORE the FCC got on his case. Howard turned one of America's great talk programs into a loser. And radio stations can not afford to hold on to programs advertisers will not buy time on (losers). Don Coopoer wasn't just talking for some small dirt road town radio station. He was speaking of a major metro broadcast market.

This is a very good point you may not want to face: I have seen ZERO advertisers, (who pay for the program air time), come out in support of keeping Howard on the air.

From the Reno radio news March 2001

KRZQ, at 100.9 FM

"So I called KRZQ General Manager April Clark to ask what the changes were all about. She told me that the changes were based on decisions made by her and her corporate bosses."

"We sat down and said '(Howard) Stern's contract is up in a month, and we had to make some hard decisions and decided it would be best if Stern wouldn't be a part of it."

I believe our current FCC and Attorney General were a long way from picking on poor Howard within the first six weeks of the new administration.

How many more of these would you like me to dig up? And how long a time period of Howard the loser?

It wasn't the FCC that ruined Howard, it was Howard.

The thing i quoted in my earlier post about listenership (specifically speaking about WXRK in NY) did say that hes losing listeners, thats a known fact that even Howard has admitted. He DOES NOT have as many listeners as he used to and his ratings HAVE declined... Look anywhere online...

But that doesnt change the fact that his show is still a ratings powerhouse compared to other radio talk shows.

As for the sponsors, they still sponsor his show thats all they have to or will do, yes hes lost some but he still has plenty, and te E network is still behind him because of the high ratings his TV show (a replay of the radio show) has, especially for a cable TV show.

The point I was trying to make is that they are making it like hes some underground radio show with no clout that can be swept under the rug... Hes not... hes not some has been like bubba the love sponge or opie and anthony, hes been to the top, admittedly hes not there now, but that doesnt take away from him or his shows fame, and why he is a target. If his show wasnt that huge then this story wouldnt get such national attention.

Its funny as hell to see someone change their Bs story when confronted with the truth. Silver 6, thanks for actually taking the time to do that research, I was not so inclined.

RL, google is your friend:)

Whats worse. A political announcer that spreads propoganda and lies to help his party out, or a guy that talks about sex. I personally find Rush more offensive and more dangerous to this country and I am a republican. For Christs sake, the damn KKK can have a radio show and it would be protected and rightly so.

I think the country has spoken by making his show the most listened to radio show in the country and #2 isn't even in the ballpark. As for Sterns listening audience's IQ I think that is just a stupid statement made by someone who doesn't like that brand of humor. How many stupid stoners do you know tha get up at 6am? His listeners are hard working commuters going into work and look foreward to maybe him putting a smile on their face before they have to go into work.

In truth Howard became popular because he is so bright and has such a quick wit. But the current Howard is not the same guy. And neither is his show.

Howard's audience tends to also be above average on the smarts scale, but there continues to be less of them. Fewer listeners means fewer advertisers means less money for the stations and at some point his air time is better with some one else.

His show is failing and this is a big event to blame it on. He has a huge ego and I can understand it.

WHere are you getting your ratings #'s from? Last Neilsons I saw had his show up big time in the 5 year trend.

GNSCOTT

Great. If you have the Neilsons please post them. No one else has been able to locate them, me included. One thing I want to see is if the ratings levels are based on just certain markets or the national market as a whole.

I'll dig them up. I do know it was based on both. It had individual markets as well as a national number. Now you have to use a longer trend because his rationd obviously dropped when he lost the 6 markets he was in.

Originally posted by striker_29
Its funny as hell to see someone change their Bs story when confronted with the truth. Silver 6, thanks for actually taking the time to do that research, I was not so inclined.

RL, google is your friend:)

I did nothing of the sort I admitted I over exaggerated... But look at GNSCOTTs post about the nielsen ratings...

Oh so Silver6 finds a couple radio stations that dropped his show... who knows if they were in ultra conservative areas... Therefore youre right automatically???

Come back to me when YOU have concrete proof, looks like GNSCOTT will prove me right, you OTOH are just plain wrong...

And please keep the "grown ups" line to yourself youve used that like 10 times here... ITS OLD GET A NEW LINE!

ultra conservative areas

New Orleans metro area

I sure wasn't aware this was such a home base for right wingers. Come on Rogue Leader, try to stay in the real world. Next you will tell me Jazz is right wing music.

Don't worry RL

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
I did nothing of the sort I admitted I over exaggerated... But look at GNSCOTTs post about the nielsen ratings...

Oh so Silver6 finds a couple radio stations that dropped his show... who knows if they were in ultra conservative areas... Therefore youre right automatically???

Come back to me when YOU have concrete proof, looks like GNSCOTT will prove me right, you OTOH are just plain wrong...

And please keep the "grown ups" line to yourself youve used that like 10 times here... ITS OLD GET A NEW LINE!

This will be my last post to you, as its obvious all you can do is jump up and down and scream about how mean I am because I told you "10 times" :rolleyes: to grow up somewhere earlier in this thread. You seem to be good at overexaggerating things, and I can see its a sensitive area to you for some reason, so I will not mention it, or reply to you again on this subject. You are right and we are all just a bunch of right wing nuts. To the ignore list you go:)

Re: ultra conservative areas

Originally posted by Silver 6
New Orleans metro area

I sure wasn't aware this was such a home base for right wingers. Come on Rogue Leader, try to stay in the real world. Next you will tell me Jazz is right wing music.

hi... did I SAY they were in ultra conservative areas???? no I said they could be because you didnt post the locations of the stations.

Re: Don't worry RL

Originally posted by striker_29
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Sorry I dont listen to stupidity... what did you say?????

Rogue Leader

Isn't curious how we attemt to hold an honest debate with you and all you do is "could be?'' And after you say it you never have to back it up. Kind of cowardly that, and if that is insulting, oh well.

The radio call numbers were stated and again just filling in a small box on Google gives all the informaton on the stations. Mr Cooper was identified as "executive director of the Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association" so there wasn't much of a possibility of you getting that turned around unless you purposely make the attempt. And you do.

Efforts like this remove your credibility in a discussion and others begin to ignore your input, making it in effect worthless.

Re: Rogue Leader

Originally posted by Silver 6
Isn't curious how we attemt to hold an honest debate with you and all you do is "could be?'' And after you say it you never have to back it up. Kind of cowardly that, and if that is insulting, oh well.

The radio call numbers were stated and again just filling in a small box on Google gives all the informaton on the stations. Mr Cooper was identified as "executive director of the Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association" so there wasn't much of a possibility of you getting that turned around unless you purposely make the attempt. And you do.

Efforts like this remove your credibility in a discussion and others begin to ignore your input, making it in effect worthless.

Well you made some honest arguements... Stryker just plain insisted I was wrong because he was right... You brought back articles and etc, he just said "let the grown ups do the work".

I honestly skimmed the articles becaus I could tell what they were about from the first few lines so I missed that. But AGAIN my point is just because he completely failed in 1 market, and his ratings are going down compared to what they were doesnt automatically mean noone listens to him anymnore. Obviously plenty of people do if this is causing such an uproar.

Talk about someone that should be banned...Jerry Springer!
White Trash...........White Trash and more White Trash...But then again what would you GOB's do to earn money?

Now they're going after soap operas, HBO and the adult industry. What's next, forums? Our good ol' government :confused:

Silver , do you really think some daily manager type at a radio station is going to tell you if it truly was a conservative agenda that drove them to drop HS? I don't think so

suprbuick7

"executive director of the Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association"

Is not as you say:

"some daily manager type"

In these discussions I have been working hard at making statements I can provide written support for. This is a very direct contrast to others, like you, that just blast and blast.