how would spend it?

svtnos

ok so im selling my stang... im going to have roughly 6 grand that i want to put into the GN... the current mods i have is a full 3inch ss exhaust, no cat, k&n cone filter, walboro fuel pump, hot wire kit, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. i want to have a daily driver/drag car... hoping to run low 10s on a slick... where should i start? my gn has only 67k miles on it... how would u spend the money?

Low tens for 6000$??? :eek: "you gonna need a bigger boat". You need to start by pulling the motor to put on a girdle on. Your also gonna need a fresh motor too, so pistons, rings, bearings, camshaft, and all the machine work that goes with them. Ported iron cylinder heads will get there. You need atleast 55# injectors, computer mods, race chip, more fuel pump, and a scan tool. A big turbo and new intercooler. Hows your tranny? Stock? How bout a converter, and a rebuilt mega tranny, oh bout 3000$ right there. Rear axles at the minimum out back. You can bolt this sh!t on all day, but you better know WTF your doin with a TR or throw it all in the trash. Don't mean to rain on your parade but that stuff is roughly twice your budget. Remember you said LOW 10s, that's a big fish to fry. Do yourself a favor and shoot for low 11s first.

i should of made it more clear but im not looking to get to the low 10s right away... better way of saying is where should i invest that money first? mid/low 10s is the fastest i want.... ill be happy with low 11s or whatever for now.. but i figured why not get the best of what i can for now... other than the mods i listed, everything else is stock.

here is another question... what is the fastest the stock block and internals go? assuming the car the the proper ammount of fuel and a good tune... i dont want to start changing pistons ect until i need to... so i guess i should say i want to go as fast as the internals can take and have it reliable...

sorry, im a n00b still

I took my stock shortblock (it had a 208/208 cam) and stock unported cylinder heads 11.47. I would take the money and get a BB Stage 5 Turbonetics, (Jack C), 3" DP, 50# injectors, 3000 stall l/u and a good rebuild on the tranny. A stretched intercooler, and it doesn't have to be 40 f%$#@% rows, 15-17 rows with a big inlet is enough for now. This is after the usual, SCAN TOOL, valve springs, timing chain, compression test make sure your car is OK first. You don't have to spend the big bucks on that turbo if you don't want to. A TA 49 will get mid 11s too for much less, it's just once you have a bb turbo you won't go back. BB turbos are tough as nails and they spool great. Talk to Jack Cotton on BB turbos, I bet you buy one. ;) Don't forget too, you can sell your old stuff when it's time to go bigger. Take care of your stuff and it will pay you back!

Originally posted by svtnos
ok so im selling my stang... im going to have roughly 6 grand that i want to put into the GN... the current mods i have is a full 3inch ss exhaust, no cat, k&n cone filter, walboro fuel pump, hot wire kit, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. i want to have a daily driver/drag car... hoping to run low 10s on a slick... where should i start? my gn has only 67k miles on it... how would u spend the money?

I'd get a truck, and trailer first. It's alot less of a headache to be able to tow, and not worry about breaking.

Then I'd get some chip burning equipment, and Translator. And start experimenting with tuning. The once you get pass the easy stuff, get the tranny and converter. Then as you see what you need invest in the engine.

Guys can go incredibly fast on the stock ecm, and that will save you $2K as opposed to an aftermarket when when you get to serious fast stuff.

Re: Re: how would spend it?

Originally posted by bruce
I'd get a truck, and trailer first. It's alot less of a headache to be able to tow, and not worry about breaking.

Then I'd get some chip burning equipment, and Translator. And start experimenting with tuning. The once you get pass the easy stuff, get the tranny and converter. Then as you see what you need invest in the engine.

Guys can go incredibly fast on the stock ecm, and that will save you $2K as opposed to an aftermarket when when you get to serious fast stuff.
i have access to a trailor any time i need... my best friend has one i can use :D

as far as the tuning goes... the guy i bought my gn from is my friend and has been working on them for a while now.. he has one that went 9s and another that almost cracked a high 7... he said he will help with tuning :)