How to turn up the boost???????

AlvinB24

I just bought my first TR, an 87 t-type, and im wanna start modding it!!
Its totally stock right now, i noticed just driving it around a little that it only goes to 11-12psi max. How do i turn up the boost on a stock setup? and what is the safe limit for how much boost i can give it?
Im new to all this TR stuff so thanks for the help!!

Is that the white T that Jim sold you? If so, the WGA is looped "tuner style" to the compressor housing. You need to get a "Y" hose and connect it properly to the WG solenoid. Then the boost should be controlled by the chip, there's also a lot of good info on gnttype.org . Don't turn it up past 15-16 lbs max unless you're monitoring for knock with a gauge or scan tool.

yeah, thats the car!! What do you mean by tuner style, is that better or worse than the correct way?
Thanks, do you know anything else about this car that would help me out??

By tuner style, I am referring to the hose from the wastegate actuator connected directly to the compressor housing. From the factory, there is a hose from the solenoid on the passenger valve cover that meets up with a plastic "Y" that has a restriction on one leg. The restricted leg connects via the rubber hose to the conpressor housing of the turbo, and unrestricted one connects via a rubber hose to the wastegate actuator. By bleeding off boost through the solenoid, the computer is able to control the opening of the wastegate. If you need any help/info feel free to PM me.