How to test waste gate solenoid

If you were trusting that factory boost gauge to set your boost levels, that might have been what set wheels in motion. Those things are inaccurate approximately 100% of the time. In your case it was reading low due to cracked signal line and you were wailing on the car trying to get it to read high.

The compression test came out very good, but you need to do a leakdown test and/or a cooling system pressure test before you start ripping heads off.

or actually drive the car, pull the plugs and see if one of them is steam cleaned and tastes sweet.

and if you're in an area that's done freezing get that antifreeze out of the cooling system ASAFP. If you do have leaky gasket the last thing you want is antifreeze hitting your bearings.

Thanks Earl, really never put much load on the car testing the turbo. I do have a boost gauge and was relying on it. I ordered a block tester yesterday and my insurance should be set this week and will take the car out for a slow road test. Funny thing, yesterday I was playing with the TPS and IAC adjustments and had the car running for at least 2 hours and it seemed that my white smoke slowly got less and less. I'll take it out once the snow is gone and pull the plugs again and inspect. I am not sure what the leak-down test is but I'll do some seraches and give that a shot. Its going back into single temp digits in NJ this week so I'll just let the car sit and when its above freezing dump the anti-freeze then take it for it test drive. Thank you very much for this info!

Yet another update: I received the block tester from Amazon and the test indicated no exhaust gases in my coolant, fluid stayed blue. I will rerun the test later today so far so good. Now i need to get the TPS to stay at .40 as I set it and come back later and it's back to .38 with mal code 22. I still have a rough idle condition jumping from 725 to 800 on the sm. After it warms up a little I play with the TPS again and see if I can get it to stay at the .40 mark.

Just read this whole thread and crap it seems like you like to work hard. Anyway for the no boost condition. have you checked for all! boost leaks? ive had a situation where one of my pipes was about 6 mm pushed back from my TB and it leaked over 7 psi of boost.

For the burning coolant issue maybe you have a lot of moisture throughout your crank case and etc. considering the car has sat for extended periods and you only run it for short periods at a time.

Another situation that went through my head is if your just psyching yourself out to think its coolant. my question to you is does the white smoke stay in the air longer then 5-7 second?

Also do you have a gauge to check oil pressure? its kinda strange how you just put different oil in something and it fixes the problem. like a wise man once told me magic fixes don't exist. so one thing I would check with that is oil pressure with a tester to make sure that's correct.

Just my little 2 cents.

Well, I found a leak in one of the hard lines but haven't really checked the boost on the road. The weather hasn't been the best in central nj. But I think that was my problem. I had a clapping issue that just stopped after running the car a few hours a weekend over the last month. I did a block test with the blue fluid and it stayed blue so no combustion gases in my coolant system. The smoke doesn't stay visible for that long. So it might just need to be run on the road since the car sat years before I bought it. I am doing a coolant pressure test this weekend as my final test. It's been so dam cold out its hard to tell what should or shouldn't be coming out of tail pipe but I'm glad to be doing all the tests to be 100% sure all is well. This Saturday I'll get my QQ plates and if the roads are clear i will take it out for its maiden voyage . Thanks for your input. Btw: I have installed a boost and oil pressure gauge.