How To Replace AC/ Heater Box Control Light Bulb

Hahny

Hey guys I'm looking for a little help here in regards to changing out my stock ac/heater box control light bulb with a LED bulb. What is the best way to approach this? Thanks

Pull off the trim. Remove the four 7mm screws that hold the control head in place. pull the unit out a couple of inches. The peanut bulb socket is on the upper right of the unit.

Pull off the trim. Remove the four 7mm screws that hold the control head in place. pull the unit out a couple of inches. The peanut bulb socket is on the upper right of the unit.
captndave737, I followed your instructions and everything was going as plan, up until I went to pull out the ac/heater unit and that's when I noticed that I somehow killed all of my interior lights? That being said, I was able to change out my stock bulb with my LED cool white to match the rest of my interoir lighting, but unfortunately they aren't working now. Is there a wire back there that runs all of the interior lights? I am going to look into this a little more when I get off of work tomorrow and I will also check my fuse box as well.

Orange wires usually, check the 20A CIG/CLK fuse you probably pulled the wire off the cigar. lighter and it shorted out on some metal.

Orange wires usually, check the 20A CIG/CLK fuse you probably pulled the wire off the cigar. lighter and it shorted out on some metal.
That is possible. I will check it out tomorrow afternoon. Thanks

Before you start tearing everything apart, check the dimmer and make sure you didn't turn the lights off.

If that's not it, check the instrument light fuse.

Well, it was a blown fuse and it happen to be the 20 amp cig/clk just as salvageV6 predicted. As always, I do appreciate you guys helping me out with this.
20180807_181053.jpg

Do you guys know of any vendor that is making aftermarket reproduction radio bezels for our cars or might happen to know of someone that has some NOS 25517622 just laying around that they would want to sell, because mine is scratched up and it's missing some clips too. Thanks

You just bumped the back of the Cig lighter pulling it out. Un insulated connector on the back of the lighter. Ive blown that fuse a few times working around the radio.