How to put video on YOUTUBE??

Agent86

"Would You Believe..."

How and what's the best/easiest way to upload video's to YOUTUBE?

I'm asking this, cause i want to share some videos on youtube- but I don't know exactly where to start on how to do this?

I'm sure I can ask around, but I just thought I'd ask here- What's the best way to do this?

I have a SONY mini-disc video camera, and one of my best questions is, what the best resolution to set it to to get the best videos?

Please let me know, if you have some good tips fellas...

Thanks in advance :)

I did my first vid on youtube a couple weeks ago.

3 minutes long and it took 5 hours to load.

Put vid on your computer and go to youtube and upload it.

Then wait. :p

320x240 is the resolution that YouTube recommends, so start with that. If you record a huge, high quality file, YouTube will just have to compress it and it'll look the same as all other videos anyway (and take a long time to upload).

Go to youtube, create an account, there are accounts with more features that you have to pay for, but just go with the free account. Once you activate your membership, go to your account control panel and Upload Videos.

I use my digital cam (which can make movies :biggrin: but not for long :rolleyes: ) and upload them to my PC, then log onto youtube and tell it to download the movie from my PC.

100 MB is maximum size to upload

100 MB is maximum size to upload,

get a program to condense size to fit if over...

mpeg or windows media file works for me...

add information, upload and wait to process and that is it, there are some details for sharing and comments that ask how you want people to view or respond... I always toggle off video responses... toggle yes for comments and video rating... sometimes I allow sharing soemtimes I don't...

Start and see where you are after 20 videos or 100 videos or even 1 video...

Buy an external hard drive to store pics and videos... cheap to buy 500 GB for under $150, save hard drive space for programs running computer

Get one of these...they're great. The Flip - Products - Meet the Family

It has a flip out USB and the software is built in. Once you plug it in it asks you if you want to publish on Youtube - brings you right there and starts all by itself. Resolution is perfect for Youtube, sound is good.

Thanks Fellas! I appreciate it a lot for the Tips! I think I'm going to start doing it.

Notacarlo- That gadget you recommended seems really nice, and I may have to look into that one!

:cool:

Get one of these...they're great. The Flip - Products - Meet the Family

It has a flip out USB and the software is built in. Once you plug it in it asks you if you want to publish on Youtube - brings you right there and starts all by itself. Resolution is perfect for Youtube, sound is good.