How to make ET Drags NOT rub??

Orion231

Hi guys, I am buying a set of new aluminum rims just for slicks... What back spacing do I get so I can safely run a 28'' tall 10.5'' wide MT ET Drag? They are going to be on 15x8 wheels... Is that ok? I haven't ordered them YET so I still have time to get teh sizing right... I don't want to run a spacer or notch the frame...:)

I have the same tires on 8.5" Convos with 3 3/8" BS. I have about 1" or so on the inside. Perfect BS would be 4". I think 4.5" would hit the frame. If you can't find 4" then 3.5" would be better. Or you could get 4.5" BS and use a spacer to clearance it:D

BS....

BackSpacing... ok I definatley want without a spacer... and u think 4.0 will be just enough to clear?:)

3.5 back space a must with 15x8 rim. If you also want to run that tall slick you will have no choice but to roll up the lip on the panel. It's not hard it to me about 2 hours for both with a 3lb mallet:D

My car came with the wheel well lips cut out... but even with that done, I still had to hammer a few pieces/edges, including the DS tail pipe to make them fit.

4.0" is best... I am running the AL drums (wider than steels), & a 1/4" spacer, behind 15X8" Vette Ralleys.

HTH,