How to make boost gauge light up

86grdnatl

Hey guys, I mounted a vdo boost gauge on my a pillar and it works great. But I just have one problem, I have no idea how to make it light up. The kit I bought did not come with any parts to do this. If someone could give me a step by step procedure it would be much appreciated.

is there a hole in the back of the gauge for a light?
if there is, call VDO and tell them you need the light... then it's just a simple matter of grounding the black wire and plugging the other wire into the "lite" slot in the fuse box.

Yes there is a light bulb in the back of the gauge. It has two "prongs" coming out of the back of where the lightbulb is and I think that is where you would wire it. My kit did not come with any wire however. How would I connect wire to these metal tabs coming out of the back of where the lightbulb is? Thanks a lot for the reply

Yes there is a light bulb in the back of the gauge. It has two "prongs" coming out of the back of where the lightbulb is and I think that is where you would wire it. My kit did not come with any wire however. How would I connect wire to these metal tabs coming out of the back of where the lightbulb is? Thanks a lot for the reply
Easy...Connect a wire to each of the "prongs" and then connect one of them to a good ground and the route the other one to the fuse box in the "LTS" terminal. Should work fine.

good luck,

Claude. ;)

Easy...Connect a wire to each (preferrably one black and one red) of the "prongs" and then connect the black one to a good ground and the route the red one all the way to the fuse box and plug into the "LTS" terminal (not sure if this abbreviation is right... :rolleyes: ) Should work fine.

Good luck,

Claude. ;)