How to improve old SMC alky kit?

Adler

Anybody have any ideas on how to improve the old SMC alky kit. Apparently I have the old SMC kit before they changed to the newer style. I have heard that the older kits have problems with the connections corroding.

Thanks,
Adler

And does the "Spray on Point" knob suppose to turn more than 360 degrees? Or does it having a stopping point like the "Pump Speed" knob?

The only connector that has issue is the one going to the pump.

I had soldered wires directly to the terminal and packed silicon when I had one. I used the boot from an ignition coil over the whole brass fitting. It never mis-fired after that. My buddies car I drilled out the connector and pulled the red and black through it, filled the connector with silicone and attached wires via water proof connectors.

I believe Steve is trading them in and upgrading for like 80-100 to the newer bottles with the external connectors.

I personally took mine off, sold it, and went a totally different direction.

Whats that old saying..get me once shame on you..get me twice..shame on me :D

Cant afford to not spray when boosting.. too much money/time/investment at stake.

I am guessing that you pulled the pump out of the tank when you soldered the wires and put that boot on the entire brass fitting, right?

You didnt cover the other brass fitting for the level indicator?

All of the fittings and wires outside of the tank are fine, right?

Thanks

I left the pump installed. Removed the nut from the brass connector and pulled it out. Cut the wires, drilled out the brass holder, ran the wires through it, added some spade terminals and put a boot over it.

Sometimes those pumps dont want to come out..

HTH

Do you think that it would be fine to use RTV sealant on the terminals to keep it from corroding?

Again..the wires inside the brass connector go bad. Putting RTV on the outside of the connector doesnt solve the issue. make sense. You pull the wires through the brass terminal then RTV the hole. I dont know what the reaction of RTV and alcohol is..you'll have to research this. I used clear RTV and had no issue...

Also not overfilling the bottle helps keep alky off of the connectors.

HTH

Julio