How to fix stainless steel scratches on fridge?

1967 GeeTO

My four year old got ahold of a green scotch brite pad and rubbed it side to side on my NEW stainless refrigerator's door. Not real bad, but noticeable. Any way to fix it? I'm tempted to get a scotch brite pad and run it up and down over the affected area as the grain on the door goes up and down. However, I'm afraid that will cause the affected area to become too shiny or too dull and really stick out.

Anyone been through this?

Try this

WD-40 actually is a great stainless steel cleaner. Go with the original grain and see if it reduces the look of the scratches.
Learned this from the appliance store guy who, obviously, wants his stuff to look good.
HTH.

I think you have a good idea. I have extremely effectively repaired a 4b finish on SS by using sandpaper in the same direction of the grain.

80 grit in one direction will also restore a SS kitchen sink to like new condition

Maybe you can find the guys that refinish the metal elevator doors. I have seen them do it and they make the scratched doors look better than new. I really don't know how exactly they do it though.

kirban 2 cents worth

Looking at the problem from a humorous point, you could contact Martha Stewart, she would probably know the answer. All kidding aside I hope something mentioned by other members works. I just couldn't resist what I wrote.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

since you own a show quality GTO you probably know me. We still make the emergency brake handles for your car and the clutch springs and supply most of the GTO vendors with those parts. We sold the rights to the date coded plug wires to Ames a few years back We had done the even quarters for every year GTO. Electric Limited does the odd quarters.

kirban 2 cents worth

Looking at the problem from a humorous point, you could contact Martha Stewart, she would probably know the answer. All kidding aside I hope something mentioned by other members works. I just couldn't resist what I wrote.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

since you own a show quality GTO you probably know me. We still make the emergency brake handles for your car and the clutch springs and supply most of the GTO vendors with those parts. We sold the rights to the date coded plug wires to Ames a few years back We had done the even quarters for every year GTO. Electric Limited does the odd quarters.

Thanks guys. I'll try the WD-40 and see if I can locate Shelia Shine at one of my local stores.

Hi Dennis, yes, enjoy reading your articles in the GTOAA publication and your Buick newsletter. Hope to see you at the GTOAA/POCI Co-Vention this year. Also, I bought the factory eq radio out of one of your last Turbo Buick test cars - maybe your current car.

kirban 2 cents worth

They have been in touch with me as I offered to do a seminar on Hurst and ZDDP issues which I did at the GTO Nats last year. Nothing nailed down as of yet. Its great to see finally, GTO and POCI combining their event instead of making owners choose in a economic down turn.

take care

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirbanperformance.com

PS: One of my Turbo owners owns 2 GNXs lives near dear Martha and has done work for her.