How to disquise Nitrous

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
I am working on way to install my N2O system on my Z. I have a 25lb bottle form NX Express. Anyone know a good place to install it in a 95 Z/28?

I was thinking on the drive shaft tunnel between the rear seats. Would make it easy to plumb outside the car that way.

I dont want a big yellow bottle sitting in my back window. Seems like I would be getting pulled over all the time for having it there.

All depends on how stealth you want it. Not sure how the 4th gens are but on a 3rd gen you can hide it in the spare tire well or the other side with the lockbox. If you wanted to go stealth enough to fool everyone, people have modified gas tanks to have a hole for a bottle.

Hide it pretty good and then put a dummy bottle in plain site, then just disconect it when someone doesn't want to run you on the spray:eek:

hide nos

on a 86 svo turbo I was able to put the bottle under the rear seat,I had to care the foam out in the shap of the bottle,It worked great cus I could just reach back to turn on the bottle

Never thought about the spare tire location, but I would get casught with my pants doewn when I need it LOL. Though, that is a good idea. Any more?

Re: hide nos

Originally posted by aketech
on a 86 svo turbo I was able to put the bottle under the rear seat,I had to care the foam out in the shap of the bottle,It worked great cus I could just reach back to turn on the bottle
I am sure that was pretty comfortable for your passengers.....LOL

If you hide it good and can't access it easily, just use a remote bottle opener.

It will fit in the spare tire well in a 4th gen. Use a remore bottle opener. Hide the switches in the ashtray. Run the line under the car and up the air silencer and put the solenoids out of sight. Mount nozzles in the elbow to the throttle body. The dry system is easier to hide. You can use automotive conduit to cover any wires and N2O lines, so its stock looking.

In the past, I've used the split plastic wire loom to hide lines and even solenoids. Go to the junkyard, pull out an engine harness. Use the T-fittings to cover the soleniods and the plastic loom(tubing) to cover everything up. A little bit of road dirt from the used parts makes it look like it's always been there.;)

Right under their freeking noses . Put it outside the car , under a HUGE wing if you can get one, put stickers all over it . They never see it coming :D

I had a friend that used to run juice on a basically stock TR running 7.50's in the 1/8 way back in the late 80's and he used to put the bottle behind the back seat and pad the other back seat areas so the bulge wasn't as noticeable. He had a lot of fun street racing that car.

Originally posted by galoush
Right under their freeking noses . Put it outside the car , under a HUGE wing if you can get one, put stickers all over it . They never see it coming :D

yeah, put NOS stickers on it then they'll REALLY never see it coming. Saw a Suzuki swift with one yesterday, was sorta torn on how much of a sleeper that'd be versus laughing my ass off on how the sticker was probably as close as that thing got to nitrous.

Back to the topic of nitrous smuggling, I've heard a few exotic ones myself including a team nearby that supposedly had wrigged the frame of one of their cars to be a nitrous tank for events that didn't allow the juice. my personal thoughts are leaning towards the idea of the fake bottle honestly. It'll really suck cause you couldn't purge it though, just something to keep in mind.

Originally posted by Drac0nic
my personal thoughts are leaning towards the idea of the fake bottle honestly. It'll really suck cause you couldn't purge it though, just something to keep in mind.
You could always have a real bottle somewhere visable and use it most of the time. Then when an opportunity for stealth was required you could disconnect that bottle and switch to another one that was hidden, pehaps even a bank of the small bottles under a seat (or in the seatbacks) or somewhere. That way you'd have the large tank, a completely convincing disconnection, and be able to spray even with your bottle disconnected.....
Though that wouldn't be very nice. :rolleyes:

-Jade

hidden

Got a pal with a 93 F-150 and a 408 stroker and an AOD and he has an igloo cooler in the bed w/the bottle in it. Even has a false bottom in it (BIG cooler) and you can put a little ice in it and a few cans of soda or whatever and fully fool someone!

Put the big bottle where it is visible, run the plumbing as normal. Just don't hook it up. Run a mini bottle under/inside the front bumper cover. Hook the mini one up. When you street race, tell them your on motor. Tell them they can hold on to your bottle while you race... the one in the back seat of course. :cool:

Thats why most street racers who know even alittle bit would have someone disconnect the line from the solenoids....not the bottle.

Jamin

Originally posted by Ziptie86
Thats why most street racers who know even alittle bit would have someone disconnect the line from the solenoids....not the bottle.

Jamin

That would infer that someone would be getting under my hood, which simply wouldn't happen ;)

I wouldnt let anyone under my hood either. But then again I wouldnt race someone who "let me hold their bottle". You are setting yourself up for defeat that way. If you dont pop your hood and run the line out of sight, either through the car or through the frame, then no one will know you have nitrous anyways. Just mount that big ol 10 pound bottle in the trunk, get a remote opener and get down. Wire it up properly and be conservative with the jetting and the motor will live forever. I had a 383 chevy with a sportsman fogger kit that lived for YEARS of abuse with about a 200 shot. So everything is relative.

Do a proper install, route everything nice, do a clean looking install and im sure you will be very happy with the nitrous.

jamin