how to convert *back* to lockup?

at7we2

what is involved in converting a lockup transmission (200 4R) from lockup to non-lockup and vice-versa?

my '87 GN had (still has) a non-lockup converter installed when I bought it. I am assuming something had to be removed or disabled internally for it to function with the non-lockup converter. Now I want to replace the non-l/u with a lockup converter. What will I need to do to the transmission, other than plugging in the lockup solenoid harness?

Thanks

Need to know what non-lockup valve is in it. If it uses the threaded plug in the pump, that will have to come out and back the plug out a bit, drill an orifice in it and install the lockup valve and 2 springs. If it is the later GY valve, (3 piece design) then you just remove it and install your lockup valve train and springs and put in your converter. Make sure your bushing is ok and put in a new seal while you are there.

Need to know what non-lockup valve is in it. If it uses the threaded plug in the pump, that will have to come out and back the plug out a bit, drill an orifice in it and install the lockup valve and 2 springs. If it is the later GY valve, (3 piece design) then you just remove it and install your lockup valve train and springs and put in your converter. Make sure your bushing is ok and put in a new seal while you are there.

thanks. that's good info. don't know what's in there yet. hoping to pull the trans after the first of the year.