How to center rear end?

FLGN

Didn't realize the rear was off center until installing larger/wider tires. How can you move the rear to one side about 1" to 1.5" ?

measureing

What rear do you have under the car?

Where are you measuring from and what reference points are you using to determine the rear is not correct in the chassis? Jim

Thanks for the replies. This was not a very scientific approach on my part. I mounted the rims and tires and noticed the clearance between the tire and the fender was about 1.5" less on the drivers side compared to the pass side. The car did have the bushings replaced, so I am interested how to check if the body is on the frame correctly or has room to move. Thanks.

PS It is the stock rear with boxed stock uppers and lowers.

I'm interested in your resolution of this issue.

A panard bar might resolve the issue, however, what else might be overstressed?

Interesting.....

Giving a min or so of thought...... you might try to measure using a plumb bob....

1.) jack car up take rear tires off.... set car down on jackstands under axle tubes.
2.) drop plumb bob off frame rail in center of wheelwell - make a mark on the ground.
3.) drop a plumb bob off outside of wheel well... where the wheel opening molding is. - make a mark on the ground.

Now do this on the other side and compare the distance between the frame rail mark to the outside of the wheelwell mark.... if they are the same..... then the frame is centered under the body.

I need to do this to my car just to see.....

Let us know what you find out and how you did it....

Interesting.....

Giving a min or so of thought...... you might try to measure using a plumb bob....

1.) jack car up take rear tires off.... set car down on jackstands under axle tubes.
2.) drop plumb bob off frame rail in center of wheelwell - make a mark on the ground.
3.) drop a plumb bob off outside of wheel well... where the wheel opening molding is. - make a mark on the ground.

Now do this on the other side and compare the distance between the frame rail mark to the outside of the wheelwell mark.... if they are the same..... then the frame is centered under the body.

I need to do this to my car just to see.....

Let us know what you find out and how you did it....

Traveling this week but will try this method this weekend. Thanks.